• Storage platform health monitoring. Cisco Video Surveillance Stream Manager Monitor monitors the status of the video surveillance network and devices. Storage Platform Health Monitoring provides additional, proactive system monitoring for temperature, fan speed, voltages, and memory usage. Visual alerts, actions, and emails can be sent to warn the administrator before problems occur. Storage Platform Health Monitoring increases the overall system reliability.
• Database backup and restore. Cisco Video Surveillance Stream Manager uses a database to maintain the user rights and privileges information. Database backup and restore to a PC provides an additional level of security and reliability to the system.
• Dual Ethernet NIC support. Cisco Video Surveillance Stream Manager allows two Ethernet network interface cards (NICs) in the PC that runs the applications. Dual NIC support provides a deterministic method of selecting the network card to interface with the Stream Manager network.
• Satellite matrix switch support for American Dynamics (AD) 1024. The AD 1024 Matrix Switch allows a "satellite" or remote configuration. Cameras are selected using the site number, then the camera number. Support is added to interoperate with the satellite configuration.
• AD CC1100 Keyboard support. Support is added for the AD CC1100 Keyboard in hybrid mode.
• Panasonic WV-CU950 Keyboard support. Panasonic produces a true Ethernet-based keyboard. Support is added so that Cisco Video Surveillance Stream Manager Decoders can interoperate with the Panasonic WV-CU950 Keyboard.
• H.264 encoding/decoding. H.264 encoding and decoding support has been added to Cisco Video Surveillance IP Gateways. H.264 is a compression mechanism that provides similar quality video to MPEG-4, but with lower bit rates, reducing both network traffic and storage requirements. IP Gateway Encoders are required for H.264 support. The CIVS-SG1B-ECMD-C16=, and CIVS-SG1B-ECOD-FE encoders support H.264. The CIVS-SG1A-DCMD-C16=, CIVS-SG1A-DCOD-FE, CIVS-SG1B-DCMD-C16=, and CIVS-SG1B-DCOD-FE decoders all support H.264.
• Serial pass-through. Cisco Video Surveillance Stream Manager IP Gateways have two serial ports. Serial pass-through allows serial data to be sent transparently through one of the serial ports without requiring Stream Manager to understand or translate the data. This feature is desirable to interoperate with other devices, particularly pan, tilt, zoom (PTZ) cameras controlled from Cisco Video Surveillance Manager.
• Support for Microsoft Vista Business. Cisco Video Surveillance Stream Manager applications run on Windows-based PCs. Support for Microsoft Vista OS, Business Edition is added in Version 5.3.
Table 1. Ordering Information
Service and Support
• Reduce deployment costs by identifying the features that will best meet your business requirements
• Accelerate migration by assessing the readiness of your network to support the system and by developing a sound design
• Support smooth implementation through effective planning and expert installation, configuration, and integration
• Increase operational efficiency and extend the value of your investment with award-winning technical support
• For more information about Cisco services, visit http://www.cisco.com/go/services.
For More Information