Cisco® Security Agent 6.0 is the first endpoint security solution that combines zero update attack defense, policy driven data loss prevention, and signature based antivirus detection in a single agent. This unique blend of capabilities defends servers and desktops against sophisticated zero-day attacks, and enforces acceptable-use and compliance policies within a simple management infrastructure.
Table 1 lists features of Cisco Security Agent Version 6.0.
Table 1. Cisco Security Agent Version 6.0 Features
Data Loss Prevention
Confidential data and the integrity of the system is protected against data loss from end user actions or targeted malware
Malware is identified by name, allowing a high degree of confidence in removal from the endpoint
Simplified Management Interface
Simplified management console offers ease of deployment and ongoing maintenance
Additional new features of Cisco Security Agent Version 6.0 include:
• Additional Windows platform support of Microsoft Vista for Cisco Security Agents
• Dynamic Windows service shielding for protection against network buffer overflow attacks
• Enhanced policy updates for rapid deployments and ease of use
• Updated reporting, graphing, and event analysis capabilities
• Performance improvements for servers with high traffic input and output
• Agent user interface updates for increased end-user satisfaction
• Standalone agent configuration enhancements
Cisco Security Agent Version 6.0 provides new features and an upgrade path for all existing Cisco Security Agent customers. All Cisco Security Agent customers who have purchased Cisco Software Application Support plus Upgrades (SAU) are entitled to upgrade from prior versions of Cisco Security Agent Version to Cisco Security Agent Version 6.0.
Cisco Security Agent 6.0 will be available in August 2008.
Table 2 lists ordering information for Cisco Security Agent Version 6.0.
Table 2. Ordering Information for Cisco Security Agent Version 6.0
Cisco Security Agent Version 6.0 starter bundle (includes the Management Center for Cisco Security Agents, 1 server agent, and 10 desktop agents)