Cisco® Security Agent for IP Communications provides threat protection for Cisco IP Communications application servers running voice applications, such as Cisco CallManager, Cisco Unity™ Unified Communications, Cisco Internet Service Node (ISN) and Cisco IP Contact Center (IPCC) Express. Cisco Security Agent aggregates multiple security functions-combining host intrusion prevention, distributed firewall, malicious mobile code protection, operating system integrity assurance, and audit log consolidation-all within a single agent package. As part of an overall security strategy, the Cisco Security Agent for IP Communications enhances the SAFE Blueprint from Cisco Systems® and extends protection to the endpoint.
As high-visibility network security attacks such as Code Red and the Structured Query Language (SQL) Slammer worm have shown, traditional host and desktop security technologies are limited in their capability to combat the effects of new and evolving attacks. Unlike traditional signature-matching security technologies, Cisco Security Agent analyzes attack behavior to provide robust protection with reduced operational costs. By identifying and preventing malicious behavior before it can occur, Cisco Security Agent removes potential known and unknown ("Day Zero") security risks that threaten enterprise networks and applications.
Cisco Security Agent for IP Communications is a standalone agent with a predefined security policy and the same policy in an Extensible Markup Language (XML) formatted ".export" file that can be used with the Management Center for Cisco Security Agents.
• Provides a standalone or "headless" security agent that can easily be upgraded to a fully managed agent
• Dramatically reduces downtime, widespread attack propagation, and clean-up costs
• Complements the Cisco portfolio and SAFE Blueprint for true, defense-in-depth security
• Zero update architecture eliminates signatures and reduces the cost of hot-fix management
• Common, consolidated agent reduces deployment and management costs
• Prevents attacks, especially Day Zero viruses and worms
• Cisco CallManager 3.2(3), 3.3, and later versions
• Cisco Emergency Responder 1.1(4) and 1.2(1)
• Cisco Conference Connection 1.2(2)
• Cisco ICM, IPCC Enterprise and Hosted 5.0(0) (SR8 or later)
• Cisco ICM, IPCC Enterprise 6.0(0) and later versions
• Cisco Internet Service Node (ISN) 2.0 & 2.1
• Cisco IPCC Express 2.2(5), 3.0(3a), 3.1(3), 3.5(2), and later versions
• Cisco IP Interactive Voice Response (IVR) 2.2(5), 3.0(3a), 3.1(3), 3.5(2), and later versions
• Cisco IP Queue Manager 2.2(5), 3.0(3a), 3.1(3), 3.5(2), and later versions
• Cisco Unity 4.0 and later versions
• Cisco Unity Bridge 3.0 and later versions
• Cisco Personal Assistant 1.4(1) and later versions
Cisco Security Agent for Cisco CallManager and other voice applications is designed to run on all platforms supported by those applications.
The standalone agents and security policies to be used with the Management Center for Cisco Security Agents are available at no charge through Cisco.com download.
Cisco Security Agent for IP Communications is not orderable separately.
Customers who want to upgrade the standalone agent to the fully managed agent need to order part number CSA-IPT-UPGRADE-K9. They then need to download the ".export" file containing the security policy from the Cisco.com location listed previously and import it into the Management Center for Cisco Security Agents to generate fully licensed managed agents.
Cisco IP Communications services and support reduce the cost, time, and complexity associated with implementing a converged network. Cisco and its partners have designed and deployed some of today's largest and most complex IP communications networks-meaning that they understand how to integrate an IP communications solution into your network.
Cisco design tools and best practices help ensure that the solution best fits your business needs from the start, eliminating costly redesigns and downtime. Cisco proven methods also help ensure a sound implementation that delivers the functions and features you expect-on time. Support services include remote network operations, network management tools to administer the converged application and network infrastructure, and technical support services.
Through these services, your organization benefits from the experience gained by Cisco and its partners. If you take advantage of this valuable experience, you can create and maintain a resilient, converged network that will meet your business needs today-and in the future.