Cisco Unified Communications Solutions unify voice, video, data, and mobile applications on fixed and mobile networks enabling easy collaboration every time from any workspace.
The Cisco MCS 7816-H3 Unified Communications Manager Appliance is an integral part of a complete entry-level architecture for a new generation of high-quality unified communications solutions that operate on enterprise data networks. This powerful platform is easy to deploy and highly cost-effective, and it delivers the high performance and availability that today's enterprise networks demand. The server appliance is preinstalled with an operating system and the Cisco Unified Communications Manager application. Cisco Unified Communications Manager is fully operational upon startup, requiring entry of just a few configuration variables such as IP address and domain.
Key Features and Benefits
The Cisco MCS 7816-H3 is a robust, highly available server platform designed to support today's unified communications applications. It uses a single Intel Celeron D 352, 3.2-GHz processor with a 533-MHz front-side bus (FSB).
Serviceable SATA Disk Drives
The Cisco MCS 7816-H3 is configured with one 160-GB Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA) "cold-pluggable" disk drive, which is accessible through openings in the front bezel of the server. If a drive fails, you can schedule server downtime, power down the server, and replace the failed SATA drive by simply removing it (each drive is equipped with a front latch that positively mates the drive to the server) and replacing it with an unconfigured spare drive.
DAT Tape Drive Support
The Cisco MCS 7816-H3 can support a 36/72-GB universal-serial-bus (USB) external Digital Audio Tape (DAT) drive (part number DAT-USB-EXT-72=) or an optional 36 /72-GB USB rack-mount DAT drive (part number DAT-USB-RM-72=). This tape drive connects through one of the USB 2.0 ports provided by the Cisco MCS 7816-H3 server.
Tables 1 through 9 give various specifications of the Cisco MCS 7816-H3.
EIA Category 3, 4, or 5 unshielded twisted pair (UTP) (2 or 4 pair) up to 328 ft (100m)
100BASE-TX cable support
EIA Category 5 UTP (2 pair) up to 328 ft (100m)
1000BASE-T cable support
EIA Category 6 UTP (recommended), 5E UTP, 5 UTP (2 pair) up to 328 ft (100m)
Table 7. Interface Port Specifications
USB 2.0 ports
4 (1 front, 1 internal, and 2 back)
Video Graphics Array (VGA) ports
System management ports
Security capabilities of the Cisco MCS 7816-H3 follow:
• Power-on password
• Keyboard password
• USB port control
• Administrator's password
• Ability to use selectable boot sequence to prevent unauthorized installation of software or removal of data from the diskette drive
The Cisco MCS 7816-H3 meets the following standards compliances:
• ACPI 2.0
• PCI 3.0 compliant
• PXE support
• WOL support
• USB 2.0
Table 8. Expansion Options and Interfaces
8x PCI-Express full height, three-quarter length
8x PCI-Express low profile, half length
Table 9. System Unit Specifications
Dimensions (H x W x D)
1.70 x 16.78 x 24.0 in.
43.2 x 426.2 x 609.6 mm
Input requirements (per power supply)
Rated line voltage
100-120 VAC and 220-240 VAC
Rated input current
6A (100-120 VAC)
3A (220-240 VAC)
Rated input frequency
BTU rating (maximum)
Power supply output power
Rated steady-state power
50 to 95°F (10 to 35°C)
-22 to 140°F (-30 to 60°C)
-22 to 140°F (-30 to 60°C)
Relative humidity (RH; noncondensing)
10 to 90%
Operating minimum (random seeks to fixed disks)
L WAd (bels) 6.3
Equipment approvals and safety compliances of the Cisco MCS 7816-H3 follow:
• FCC: Verified to comply with Part 15 of the FCC Rules, Class A
• CISPR 22 Class A
• EN 55022 (1998) + A1 + A2 Class B
• EN 55024 (1998) + A1 + A2
• IEC 61000-3-2 (2000) / EN 61000-3-2 (2000)
• IEC EN 61000-3-3 (1995) + A1 (2001) / EN 61000-3-3 (1995) + A1 (2001)
• KN 22 Class B (MIC Notice 2001-115) MIC certification
• KN 24 (MIC Notice 2001-116) MIC certification
• CNS 13438 (BSMI certification)
• GB 9254 Class B (CCC certification)
• VCCI Class B (VCCI certification)
• CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1-03 Information Technology Equipment - Safety- Part 1: General Requirements
• UL 60950-1 Information Technology Equipment - Safety- Part 1: General Requirements
• IEC 60950-1 Information Technology Equipment - Safety- Part 1: General Requirements + CB report covering national deviations for intended markets.
• ACA AS/ACIF S004:2001
• CCC - China Certificate for China Compulsory Product Certification
• EK1-ITB2000 (2006)
• DIN EN ISO 12100-2 (2004)
• DIN EN ISO 7779 (2001)
• EN 60951-1 (2001) + A11 (2004)
• CE Mark (Low Voltage Directive 73/23/EEC, EMC Directive 89/336/EEC)
To order this product, visit the Cisco Ordering Home Page and refer to Tables 10 and 11.
You can order the appliance in one of two ways. You can enter UNIFIED-CM-7.0 or UNIFIED-CM-6.1 or UNIFIED-CM-6.0 or CALLMANAGER-5.1 into the Dynamic Configuration tool on Cisco.com to view a list of Cisco Unified Communications Manager appliances and their associated licenses. You can also order the components individually using the following product part numbers:
• MCS7816H3-K9-CMC1 (preloaded with Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.0)
• MCS7816H3-K9-CMB2 (preloaded with Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.1)
• MCS7816H3-K9-CMB1 (preloaded with Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0)
• MCS7816H3-K9-CMA2 (preloaded with Cisco Unified Communications Manager 5.1)
• KEY-CCM-ADMIN-K9= (order a minimum quantity of 2)
• DAT-USB-EXT-72= (optional external USB DAT tape drive)
• DAT-USB-RM-72= (optional rack-mount USB DAT tape drive)
• DAT-USB-ADPT= (required if you are using DAT-USB-EXT-72= or DAT-USB-RM-72=)
• MOH-USB-AUDIO= (USB music-on-hold adapter)
To order spare appliances, refer to Table 10.
Table 10. Ordering Information for Spare Appliances
Spare Part Number
Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.0
Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.1
Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0
Cisco Unified Communications Manager 5.1
Table 11 gives ordering information for server spare parts.
Table 11. Ordering Information for Server Spare Parts
Spare pair 1-GB SDRAM dual in-line memory module (DIMM) for Cisco MCS 7816-H3 server
Cisco Unified Communications Services allows you to accelerate cost savings and productivity gains associated with deploying a secure, resilient Cisco Unified Communications solution. Delivered by Cisco and our certified partners, our portfolio of services is based on proven methodologies for unifying voice, video, data, and mobile applications on fixed and mobile networks. Our unique lifecycle approach to services enhances your technology experience to accelerate true business advantage.