Cisco® Unified MeetingPlace® conferencing-part of the Cisco Unified Communications family of products-is a complete rich-media conferencing solution that integrates voice, video, and Web conferencing capabilities to make remote meetings as natural and effective as face-to-face meetings for increased productivity. The Cisco Unified MeetingPlace solution is deployed on-network, behind the firewall and integrated directly into an organization's private voice and data networks and enterprise applications, to provide significant cost savings, security, and a superior user experience.
The Cisco Unified Communications family of voice, video, and IP communications products and applications helps organizations communicate more effectively-helping them streamline business processes, reach the right resource the first time, and increase profitability.
Cisco Unified MeetingPlace for Notes 5.4 integrates Cisco Unified MeetingPlace rich-media conferencing into a Lotus Notes user environment. The solution makes it simple to set up and attend integrated voice, video, and Web conferences directly from a Lotus Notes calendar. The solution promotes collaboration by bringing powerful collaboration capabilities directly to Lotus Notes users' desktops. Setting up and attending rich-media conferences is as easy as checking a box to add conferencing and clicking a button to attend.
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Simple Rich-Media Conference Setup and Attendance
Tight integration among the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace solution, Lotus Domino, and Lotus Notes lets users simply manage voice, video, and Web conference setup and attendance. Users can invite participants; schedule voice, Web, and video conferencing resources; send meeting invitations; and attend conferences-all from the familiar Lotus Notes interface. Rescheduling a meeting automatically reschedules all the conferencing resources and sends a revised invitation.
To add conferencing to a meeting, the organizer simply checks the "Yes, create a new meeting" checkbox on the Notes Calendar Entry form (Figure 1).
Figure 1. Lotus Notes Calendar Entry Form
When the meeting request is sent, the conference is scheduled on the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace system. When conferencing resources are successfully reserved, a single invitation containing Cisco Unified MeetingPlace and other meeting information and documents is automatically sent to all meeting invitees.
In addition to meeting information, invitations contain attend buttons. At the scheduled meeting time, participants simply click the Connect button and the system dials their phone or video endpoint and connects their Notes browser to the Web conference. The point-and-click function enables participants to easily connect so meetings start on time (Figure 2).
Figure 2. Attending a Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Meeting from Lotus Notes
Conferencing at Everyone's Desktop
Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 5.4 for Notes makes it easy to deploy conferencing capabilities to every employee's desktop. By using the familiar Notes interface and simple point-and-click features, Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 5.4 for Notes significantly enhances enterprise collaboration by making rich-media conferencing easy to roll out and use.
• Easy to use-Users can set up Cisco Unified MeetingPlace voice, Web, and video conferences directly from the Notes Calendar Entry form in their familiar Notes client.
• Scheduling of Lotus Sametime Web meetings with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace voice conferencing-For customers who have standardized on Lotus Sametime for their Web conferencing environment, the solution can be configured to reserve and enable connectivity to Cisco Unified MeetingPlace voice conferencing and Lotus Sametime Web conferencing resources (Figure 3).
• Multiple Cisco Unified MeetingPlace systems-From the scheduling interface, a user can choose the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace system that will host the conference. Multiple application servers can be used in geographically different locations.
• Recurring meetings-Meetings can be set to recur regularly for a specified number of occurrences. Options are daily, weekly, biweekly, and monthly by date; monthly by day of week; or weekdays only.
• Rescheduling-Rescheduling a meeting automatically reschedules the voice, Web, and video resources.
• Reservationless option-Users can conduct voice, video, and Web meetings with a personal meeting ID, without the need for scheduling resources.
• Customizable-Customers can choose which scheduling fields to expose and what default parameters to set for the scheduling fields.
• Invitees are automatically notified by e-mail or calendar invitations when meetings are scheduled, updated, canceled, or rescheduled.
• Meeting materials, such as attachments or presentation files, can be sent to the participants before the meeting.
• Notifications automatically populate the invitees' Notes calendar.
• Attend Cisco Unified MeetingPlace voice, video, and Web conferences with a one-click Connect button from the Lotus Notes client.
• Easily attend Sametime Web and Cisco Unified MeetingPlace voice conferences. With a single click of the mouse, users are connected to a Sametime Web conference in the Notes browser and the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Audio Server calls the users and connects them to the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace voice conference. Note: Controlling the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace voice or video conferencing capabilities from the Web conference requires Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Conferencing.
Figure 3. Scheduling a Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Voice Conference with Sametime Web Conferencing
Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 5.4 for Notes consists of two software components: a Cisco Unified MeetingPlace mail template for the Notes client, and the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 5.4 for Notes server software. The mail template is loaded onto the IBM Lotus Domino server, or it can be integrated with already-existing corporate templates. Other components of the solution include the Domino server and the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 8100 Series platform. Administration of Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 5.4 for Notes is facilitated by the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Server Agent Database on the Domino server.
Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 5.4 for Notes Template
The Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 5.4 for Notes template provides the user interface for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace features during appointment or meeting setup. When the invitation is sent, the client communicates with the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 5.4 for Notes server, which in turn communicates with the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 8100 Series platform to reserve the required voice, video, and Web resources. When the schedule is made on the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace server, Lotus Notes completes the schedule and the meeting is entered in the Lotus Notes calendar.
Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 5.4 for Notes Server
The Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 5.4 for Notes server runs on a Cisco media convergence server (MCS) as a part of the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace system. The Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 5.4 for Notes server communicates between the application-enabled Notes clients and the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 8100 Series platform to perform scheduling and attending conference requests.
Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Server Agent Database
Located on the IBM Lotus Domino server, the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Server Agent provides administration to configure the design of the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 5.4 for Notes user interface and setup of the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 5.4 for Notes system.
• Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 8100 Series platform
• Cisco 7835 or 7845 Media Convergence Server (MCS) or exact hardware equivalent
• Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 5.4 for Notes Gateway: Lotus Notes Client Software 6.0.3, 6.0.4, 6.05, 6.5.2, 6.5.4, 6.5.5, or 7.0.1 installed on a Cisco MCS configured with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Conferencing
• Groupware system requirement: Lotus Domino Server 6.0.3, 6.0.4, 6.0.5, 6.5.2, 6.5.4, 6.5.5, or 7.0.1 installed on a Microsoft Windows 2000 Server or NT4
User PC Requirements
• Microsoft Windows 98, NT, 2000, or XP
• Lotus Notes 6.0.3, 6.0.4, 6.0.5, 6.52, 6.5.4, 6.5.5, or 7.0.1 to schedule meetings and to receive meeting notifications
To place an order, visit the Cisco Ordering Home Page. Table 1 lists part numbers for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 5.4 for Lotus Notes.
Table 1. Part Numbers for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 5.4 for Lotus Notes
Cisco Unified MeetingPlace for Notes Release 5.4
Cisco Unified MeetingPlace for Notes Software Upgrade to Release 5.4
SERVICE AND SUPPORT
Cisco Systems® offers a wide range of services programs to accelerate customer success. These innovative services programs are delivered through a unique combination of people, processes, tools, and partners, resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction. Cisco services help you protect your network investment, optimize network operations, and prepare your network for new applications to extend network intelligence and the power of your business. For more information about Cisco services, refer to Cisco Technical Support Services or Cisco Advanced Services.