• Full-featured 12-line business-class IP phone supporting Power over Ethernet (PoE)
• Monochrome backlit display for ease of use, aesthetics, and on-screen applications
• Connects directly to an Internet telephone service provider or to an IP private branch exchange (PBX)
• Cisco HD Voice for unsurpassed voice clarity and enhanced speaker quality
• Easy installation and highly secure remote provisioning, as well as menu-based and web-based configuration
• Supports up to two Cisco® SPA500S Expansion Module, adding up to 64 additional buttons*
• Supports both Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and Smart Phone Control Protocol (SPCP) with the Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series for Small Business
Comprehensive Interoperability and SIP-Based Feature Set
Part of the Cisco Small Business Pro Series, the SIP-based Cisco SPA509G 12-line IP Phone with Programmable Keys (Figure 1) has been tested to ensure comprehensive interoperability with equipment from voice over IP (VoIP) infrastructure leaders, enabling service providers to quickly roll out competitive, feature-rich services to their customers.
With hundreds of features and configurable service parameters, the Cisco SPA509G addresses the requirements of traditional business users while building on the advantages of IP telephony. Features such as easy station moves and shared line appearances (across local and geographically dispersed locations) are just some of the many advantages of the SPA509G.
The Cisco SPA509G 12-line IP Phone with Programmable Keys also supports productivity-enhancing features such as VoiceView Express and Cisco XML applications when used with the Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series in SPCP mode.
Carrier-Grade Security, Provisioning, and Management
The Cisco SPA509G uses standard encryption protocols to perform highly secure remote provisioning and unobtrusive in-service software upgrades. Remote provisioning tools include detailed performance measurement and troubleshooting features, enabling network providers to deliver high-quality support to their subscribers. Remote provisioning also saves service providers the time and expense of managing, preloading, and reconfiguring customer premises equipment.
Figure 1. Cisco SPA509G 12-line IP Phone with Programmable Keys
• 12 voice lines
• Twelve Independent SIP Registrations*
• Line status: active line indication, with name and number
• Menu-driven user interface
• Shared line appearance**
• Call hold
• Music on hold**
• Call waiting
• Caller ID name and number
• Outbound caller ID blocking
• Call transfer: attended and blind
• Three-way call conferencing with local mixing
• Multiparty conferencing via external conference bridge
• Automatic redial of last calling and last called numbers
• On-hook dialing
• Call pickup: selective and group**
• Call park and unpark**
• Call swap
• Call back on busy
• Call blocking: anonymous and selective
• Call forwarding: unconditional, no answer, on busy
• Two Ethernet LAN ports with integrated Ethernet switch: 10/100BASE-T RJ-45
• 802.3af-compliant PoE
• Optional 5 VDC universal (100-240V) switching; power supply is ordered separately (Cisco PA100)
• FCC (Part 15, Class B), CE Mark, A-Tick, C-Tick, Telepermit, UL, CB
• Password-protected system, preset to factory default
• Password-protected access to administrator and user-level features
• HTTPS with factory-installed client certificate
• HTTP digest: encrypted authentication via MD5 (RFC 1321)
• Up to 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption
• SIP over Transport Layer Security (TLS)
• Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP)
• Quick-Start Installation and Configuration Guide
• User Guide
• Administration Guide
• Provisioning Guide (for service providers only)
• Cisco SPA509G 12-line IP Phone with Programmable Keys, handset, and stand
• Handset cord
• RJ-45 Ethernet cable
• Quick-Start Guide
Table 1 gives specifications for the SPA509G 12-line IP Phone with Programmable Keys.
Table 1.Specifications for the SPA509G 12-line IP Phone with Programmable Keys
Note: Many features are programmable within a defined range or list of options. Please see the SPA Administration Guide for details. The target configuration profile is uploaded to the SPA509G at the time of provisioning.
• Switching power adapter: 100-240V 50-60 Hz AC input
• Two 10/100BASE-T RJ-45 Ethernet ports (IEEE 802.3)
• Handset: RJ-9 connector
• Built-in speakerphone and microphone
• Headset 2.5mm jack
• Speakerphone on/off button with LED
• Headset on/off button with LED
• Mute button with LED
• Message waiting LED
Body dimensions (W x H x D)
8.42 x 8.35. x 1.73 in. (214 x 212 x 44 mm)
2.00 lb (0.9 kg)
32º ~ 104ºF (0º ~ 40ºC)
-4º ~ 158ºF (-20º ~ 70ºC)
5% to 95% noncondensing
5% to 95% noncondensing
Table 2 compares the SPA509G with other Cisco SPA 500 Series IP Phones.
Table 2. Cisco SPA500 Series IP Phone Comparison
High- Resolution Graphical Display
Tables 3 and 4 give part numbers for the Cisco SPA509G and optional support and accessories.
Table 3. Ordering Information
Cisco SPA509G 12-line IP Phone with Programmable Keys
3-year Cisco Small Business Support Service
Table 4. Optional Accessories
Wall-mount brackets for SPA500, CP 500, and SPA 900 Series
Power supply for SPA500, CP 500, and SPA 900 Series-5V/2A (North America style plug)
Power supply for SPA500, CP 500, and SPA 900 Series-5V/2A (UK style plug)
Power supply for SPA500, CP 500, and SPA 900 Series-5V/2A (EU style plug)
Power supply for SPA500, CP 500, and SPA 900 Series-5V/2A (AU style plug). Power supply for SPA500 and SPA900 - 5V/2A (NA)
802.11b/g wireless bridge
Service and Support
The Cisco Small Business Support Service provides three years affordable peace of mind coverage, to help protect your investment and derive maximum value from your Cisco Small Business solution. The subscription-based service offers software updates, telephone and online chat access to the Cisco Small Business Support Center, and next business day hardware replacement.
Cisco Small Business products are supported by professionals in Cisco Small Business Support Center locations worldwide who are specifically trained to understand your needs. The Cisco Small Business Support Community, an online forum, enables you to collaborate with your peers and reach Cisco technical experts for support information.
This Cisco Small Business product is covered by a Cisco 1-year limited hardware warranty with return to factory replacement and a 90-day limited software warranty. In addition, Cisco offers software updates for bug fixes for the warranty term, and telephone and online chat technical support at no charge for the first 12 months following the date of purchase. To download software updates, go to: http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/download/index.html.