The Power of Engagement: Cisco Digital Signage is a complete, platform for interactive media experiences. Now you can easily deliver and manage applications to communicate, connect, and engage. Imagine delivering compelling and interactive media to any store, bank, manufacturing floor, or hospital, to engage customers and employees in a whole new way.
The scalable, network-based Cisco Digital Signage platform includes endpoints, management, and services. On top of this, Cisco's diverse partner ecosystem tailors your deployment to your needs. This gives you new opportunities to create a consistent user experience across multiple channels, increase revenue and maximize operational efficiency.
Cisco Digital Media Player 4310
The Cisco Digital Media Player 4310 (Figure 1) is a highly reliable IP-based digital media player that handles display and playback of compelling interactive multimedia-including high-definition live broadcasts or on-demand video, Flash animations, HTML5 content, graphics, and text tickers-across a network of digital signs.
Figure 1. Cisco Digital Media Player 4310
The Cisco Digital Media Player 4310 supports single-touch interactivity by interfacing with popular touch screens. It can be powered through the network following the 802.3af PoE specifications and is fully manageable as a standalone device using a rich API. As part of the integrated Cisco Digital Signs and Cisco Cast applications, it is a powerful, customizable digital media publishing endpoint. Using the Cisco Digital Media Manager (DMM), the centralized management system component of Cisco Digital Signage, you can flexibly and remotely publish centralized content to networked digital displays. You can attach the Cisco Digital Media Player to virtually any on-premises digital display at any location-for example, in a branch-office bank, retail store, or a break room or lobby-across any geography.
Features and Benefits
The Cisco Digital Media Player 4310 supports sophisticated functions, including:
• Fully customizable and dynamic playlists
• The Cisco Cast program guide
• Division of screen real estate into multiple addressable regions
• Touchscreen support
• High-definition (HD) media playback
• Remote management of digital displays, including on/off, volume, contrast, and brightness
The Cisco Digital Media Player 4310 has a very small form factor, weighing less than 1 pound (0.45 kg) and measuring 7.5 x 5 x 1.5 inches (190 x 127 x 38 mm).
The Cisco Digital Media Player 4310 integrates with the Cisco Digital Media Manager to deliver:
• Flexible, real-time publishing: You can instantly publish and update content across individual or groups of digital displays, and control and schedule the frequency and duration of content playback (day-parting).
• Broadcast with Cisco Cast: You can control IP-based broadcast television through the Cisco Digital Media Player Remote Control and on-screen program guide.
• Low ongoing operational costs and ease of use: The management interface was designed with the nontechnical user in mind to help ensure that little training is needed.
• Speed of deployment: Installation of the 4310 has been simplified to reduce the burdens of deployment and maintenance for IT.
• Reliability and power of the network: Tightly integrated with the network, the 4310 uses the reliability and security of the underlying network as a platform. This appliance-based solution has no moving parts, avoiding security and maintenance concerns associated with PCs.
Cisco Digital Media Player Remote Control
The Cisco Digital Media Player Remote Control (Figure 2) is a small-form-factor, highly functional device optimized to support interactivity with the Cisco Digital Media Player 4310 and 4400 systems. This remote control device allows you to navigate and select the channels and on-demand videos through the Cisco Cast on-screen program guide.
Figure 2. Cisco Digital Media Player 4310 with Remote Control
Features and Benefits
Table 1 lists the innovative features and benefits the Cisco Digital Media Player 4310 offers.
Table 1. Features and Benefits of Cisco Digital Media Player 4310
MPEG 1, 2, and 4 Part 10 in standard definition (SD) and high definition (HD), graphics, web content, Adobe Flash Lite animations, HTML5 content, Windows Media 9 and VC-1, MP3 audio, and rolling and scrolling tickers
• Support for industry-standard MPEG video formats and web content for a compelling digital media experience
• Flash Lite 3.1 player for Action Script 2 based signage applications
• Windows Media 9 and VC-1 support for expanded video-on-demand (VoD) support
• Audio-only options with support for MP3 audio format
Local storage of 32-GB capacity
• Storage of operating system images and content for local playback or failover for greater reliability and robust operation
IP-enabled delivery of live broadcasting and on-demand video content
• Quick and immediate content changes to react to business needs. No drastic cutover required for organizations moving to a complete IP environment.
Remote management of display (on/off, volume, contrast, and brightness)*
• Ability to control critical digital signage display functions remotely, reducing the need for local operations resources
Full-screen video or division of the screen*
• Capability to view video or graphics in full-screen mode
• Capability to divide displays into separate regions for multiple content playback windows with text, tickers, graphics, and video
Customizable on-screen presentations
• Customized interface to reflect an organization's brand
Small form factor: 7.5 x 5 x 1.5 in. (190 x 127 x 38 mm); weighs 1 lb (0.45 kg)
• Easy to mount to digital displays
802.3af Power over Ethernet
• Support for the 802.3 af Power over Ethernet as the primary power option
• External power supply is an option
12W power consumption (8W average)
• Low power consumption for higher reliability and reduced capital expenses (CapEx) and operating expenses (OpEx); environmentally friendly
Integration with Cisco Digital Media Suite, Cisco ECDS, Cisco Application and Content Networking System (ACNS), and Cisco Wide Area Application Services (WAAS) products
• Flexibility spanning the entire digital media value chain: easily layer on other video applications such as Cisco Show and Share (VoD and live webcasting to the desktop user)
*With the Cisco Digital Media Manager; dependent on chosen display technology
Table 2 gives specifications for the Cisco Digital Media Player 4310. Table 3 gives device manager client requirements for the player.
Table 2. Cisco Digital Media Player 4310 Product Specifications
• FTP and Secure FTP (SFTP)
• HTTP and HTTPS (HTML5 based QtWebKit Browser 4.7)
• NTLMv2 Security Protocol
• Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) over Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)
• Network Time Protocol (NTP)
• MP4 (H.264 codec only)
• MPEG Transport Stream (TS, TP, TRP, M2T, M2TS, and MTS)
• Video MPEG1
• Video MPEG2: Main Profile at High Level
• Video MPEG4 Part 10 Baseline and Main profiles
• Video Windows Media 9 and VC-1-VoD only
• Aspect ratio: 4:3 and 16:9
• HD (up to 1080p at 16:9) progressive and interlaced video resolution
• Video data rate up to 28 Mbps
• Video frames per second rate up to 29.9fps for MPEG-1, 2, 4 and 23.9fps for WMV
• Internal Hardware Decoder delay configurable to < 1 sec
• Audio MPEG1 Layers 1 and 2
• MPEG4 AAC Low Complexity
• HE-AAC v1
• Audio data rate: 64-384 kbps
Ethernet copper 10/100BASE-T, S-Video, Mini 3.5-mm Stereo Audio Jack, HDMI, and RS-232 Mini 3.5mm and USB
Maximum Supported Cable Length
16 ft (5m)
10 ft (2m)
15 ft (5m)
Maximum Supported Distance
15 ft (4.57m)
Refer to the Compatibility Guide for a detailed list of supported vendors and models
Table 3 provides ordering information for the Cisco Digital Media Player 4310.
Table 3. Cisco Digital Media Player 4310 Ordering Information
Cisco Digital Media Player 4310G
Note: Includes Cables Accessory Kit
DMP 4310 Firmware Version 5.4
Cisco Digital Media Player Remote Spare
Digital Media Player 4310G Power Brick
Digital Media Player 4310 SW Upgrade
Note: A different part number applies when using the PUT tool under a maintenance contract
Cisco Digital Media Player 4310G, Cables Accessory Kit, Spare
Note: A Cables Accessory Kit is already included with the Cisco Digital Media Player 4310G.
Cisco Digital Media Player Remote Spare
Cisco and our partners provide a broad portfolio of smart, personalized services and support that can help you realize the full value of your video investment, and increase business agility and network availability. This portfolio of services drives business transformation through a network-based collaboration platform that enables business to collaborate anywhere, anytime. For more information about these services, visit: http://www.cisco.com/go/services/digitalmedia.
For More Information
For more information about the Cisco Digital Signage, visit http://www.cisco.com/go/dms or contact your local Cisco account representative.