The latest release of Cisco IOS® Software for the Cisco® 7600 Series introduces new features and provides significant operational benefits for service providers. While the new features of Cisco IOS Software Release 15 S build on the proven capabilities of Release 12.2 SR, the release numbering is changing to communicate a more predictable release schedule, more proactive release support policies, and clearer software deployment and migration guidelines.
The Cisco 7600 Series Router leads the Ethernet services edge through the convergence of wireless and wireline service and transport capabilities. Service providers that want to capitalize on their return on investment can take advantage of more than 40 new features for mobile, video, business, and residential services that are now available with Cisco IOS Software Release 15.0(1) S.
Leading features and benefits include:
• Inline video monitoring: Improve service-level agreements (SLAs) for production video delivery
• IEEE 1588-2008: Converge to all-Ethernet third-generation (3G) and fourth generation (4G) mobile networks including time-of-day
• Synchronous Ethernet (SyncE) Ethernet Synchronization Messaging Channel (ESMC) and Synchronization Status Messages (SSM):Integrate synchronization management on Ethernet 3G and 4G mobile networks
• Static pseudowire over point-to-multipoint (P2MP) traffic engineering (TE): Improve multicast resiliency and simplify network designs
• IEEE 802.1ad full compliance: Improve interoperability for multivendor environments
• 2-port Gigabit synchronous Ethernet Shared Port Adapter (SPA) support: Create clocking solutions for circuit emulation and native Ethernet.
• Tunable dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) optics: Improve operations and scale with simplified selection of wavelengths
• ATMv2 SPA support: Save money with better density for legacy interfaces
The new Cisco IOS Software release numbering presents a simplified approach that aligns with consistent feature delivery.
Operational and business benefits of Cisco IOS Software Release 15.0(1) S include:
• Faster time to market - feature release planned every 4 months
Cisco Services spans each phase of the network lifecycle, makes use of extensive expertise unique to Cisco, and affects the service provider through risk mitigation, lowered costs, and accelerated time to market for new services.
The unique Cisco lifecycle approach to services defines the requisite activities at each phase of the network lifecycle - prepare, plan, design, implement, operate, and optimize - to help ensure service excellence. Among the many Advanced Services offered by Cisco, Test and Validation Services, in particular, can be very helpful in a transition to Cisco IOS Software Release 15.0(1) S. These services are tailored to the service provider's specific needs. Test engineering expertise and Cisco lab environments provide service verification, supporting adherence to end-customer service-level agreements. This includes validation of features, scale, and multivendor solutions that result in higher availability, increased capacity, risk mitigation, and reduced cycle times that accelerate deployments.
In addition, Cisco Upgrade and Refresh Services are helpful when moving to a new software release or for any product, technology, or service migration. These are also based on the service provider's specific attributes and provide a cost-effective methodology to prepare, plan, design, and implement an IP next-generation network (NGN) transition for optimal business agility, high availability, security, and subscriber acquisition and retention. Cisco intellectual capital, automation tools, and cumulative migration expertise help assure that the network transition is a predictable success and accelerate the time to adoption of new services.
By using the extensive tools, best practices, and experts offered through Cisco Services, you mitigate risks, bring new services to market faster, lower your costs, improve your customer experience through service assurance, and maximize the value of your investment. With a collaborative delivery methodology that joins the forces of Cisco, our highly skilled network of partners, and our customers, we achieve the best results.