Cisco Systems® offers high-performing, feature-rich, midrange router security and is now extending the security bundles on the Cisco® 7200 Series with the addition of the Cisco 7200VXR Series NPE-G2 Network Processing Engine VPN Acceleration Module 2+ (NPE-G2 VAM2+) bundle.
This new bundle also includes the Cisco 7200VXR Series Port Adapter Jacket Card and gives customers more slot density and flexibility. The new NPE-G2VAM2+ bundle (part number 7206VXR/G2/2+VPNK9) will be delivered with the SA-VAM2+ in the Cisco 7200 Series port adapter jacket card (part number C7200-JC-PA), freeing up additional slots since the port adapter jacket card utilizes the I/O module slot to support selected high bandwidth port adapters.
Table 1 lists the features available on the new Cisco 7200 series security bundle with NPE-G2, SA-VAM2+ and the port adapter jacket card.
Table 1. Features
Additional port and slot density
Allows additional high-bandwidth port adapters to be inserted while still providing encryption services with the SA-VAM2+
Table 2 gives ordering information for the Cisco 7200 series security bundle with NPE-G2, SA-VAM2+ and the port adapter jacket.
Table 2. Ordering Information
Bundle Part Number
Cisco 7206VXR chassis, NPE-G2 processor with 1 GB of system memory, 3 onboard 100/1000
Ethernet ports, VAM2+, port adapter jacket card, AC power, and Cisco IOS® Advanced Security Software
• Cisco 7206VXR router chassis, part number: CISCO7206VXR
• Cisco 7200 Series NPE-G2 network processing engine, part number: NPE-G2
• Cisco AES wide key crypto card, part number: SA-VAM2+
• Cisco 7200 Series Port Adapter Jacket Card, part number: C7200-JC-PA
• Default Memory: 1 GB DRAM, part number: MEM-NPE-G2-1GB=, and 256 MB Compact Flash, part number: MEM-NPE-G2-FLD256=
• Default Cisco IOS image is the Cisco 7200 series Advanced Security K9 IOS image on 12.4(4)XD, part number: S72AESK9-12404XD
CISCO IOS RELEASE SUPPORT
Minimum Cisco IOS Release Support
Supported as of 12.4(4)XD2 (2nd rebuild of 12.4(4)XD; Note: 12.4(4)XD is based off 12.4(4)T1)
For more information about the Cisco 7200 series and Cisco 7301 series including respective SA-VAM2+ router bundles and the Cisco 7200 Series Port Adapter Jacket card, visit: