Cisco netManager IP Infrastructure 1.1
Cisco netManager Unified Communications 1.1
The Cisco® netManager product family provides comprehensive, easy-to-use management applications for small and medium-sized data networks of up to 100 devices, 100 wireless access points, and 1000 phones*. It provides built-in monitoring and diagnostic capabilities for small and medium-sized deployments of Cisco devices (for example, routers, switches, PIX® firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDSs), Adaptive Security Algorithm (ASA), wireless LAN controllers, wireless access points), Cisco Unified Communications System*, third-party network devices, and office devices like servers and printers.
Note: Cisco netManager Unified Communications includes all the features available in Cisco netManager IP Infrastructure.
Cisco netManager Features and Benefits
Table 1 lists the features and benefits of Cisco netManager 1.1.
Table 1. Features and Benefits
Comprehensive, easy-to-use interface for managing the entire network (including Cisco Unified Communications System*)
• Reduces personnel, time, effort, complexity, and training required to manage a network while increasing productivity.
• Easy-to-use Web 2.0 customizable interface/homepage helps enables netManager to be a one-stop solution for monitoring and managing the entire network.
• Increases productivity of network managers and facilitates faster trouble isolation by providing contextual diagnostic tools and one-click access to embedded device management systems.
• Quick, comprehensive, and up-to-date inventory of the network elements provides increased visibility into the network components and reduces manual effort required to periodically collect and correlate the data, including Cisco Unified Communications* changes.
• Provides console-based autodiscovery of the network, which helps quickly discover the network and start monitoring it. Autodiscovery of the network can be performed using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) smart scan, IP range scan, and network neighborhood scan.
• Autodiscovers IP phones associated with a Cisco Unified Communications Manager or Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express deployment*. Facilitates tracking of Cisco Unified Communications devices and IP phone inventory, tracks IP phone status changes, and creates a variety of reports that conveniently summarize move, add, and change operations of IP phones in the network.
Real-time actionable physical and logical* network topology visualization
(Physical view and service-level view*)
• Facilitates quicker troubleshooting, reducing the service-affecting downtime on the business.
• Provides visibility into network and logical* connectivity through a physical view and a service-level view* that is autogenerated and provides real-time operational status of the devices in the network.
• Presents the current operational status of the network (including Cisco Unified Communications System*) and provides contextual tools to view the current alert status and historical information with the ability to acknowledge events and determine service-affecting outages.
• Provides current information about connectivity-related and registration-related outages affecting all the IP phones (both Session Initiation Protocol [SIP]-based and Skinny Client Control Protocol [SCCP]-based phones) in the system and provides additional contextual information to facilitate the location and identification of the IP phones.
• Allows users to zoom into a particular section of the network for troubleshooting while maintaining the zoom settings based on the login.
Rich notification and diagnostic tools for easy troubleshooting
• Facilitates easy integration into customer monitoring and troubleshooting workflows by means of notification mechanisms such as SNMP traps, Short Message Service (SMS), emails, beeper, pager, syslog, active script activation, service restart, windows pop-up action, and web alarms.
• Provides a rich array of diagnostic tools, such as ping, Telnet, trace route, device manager web page launch, and so on, that can be launched from various screens in the product.
• Enhanced filtering capabilities help enable users to choose when, where, and for what to get the notification.
Support for a broad range of Cisco network devices, Cisco Unified Communications*, and other third-party network devices
• A single product to monitor the network, reducing the complexity associated with managing networks.
• Supports a broad range of Cisco network devices, third-party network devices including small and medium-sized business (SMB) desktop devices like servers, printers, and workstations.
• Monitors the current operational status of all the key components of Cisco Unified Communications System, including the underlying transport infrastructure. Monitored components include Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express, Cisco Unity® software, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco Unity Express, Cisco Unified Contact Center Express, Cisco Unified MeetingPlace® Express, Cisco Unified Presence Server, and Cisco Emergency Responder as well as Cisco gateways, routers, switches, and access points.
Rich real-time and historical reports for performance and active monitoring
• Facilitates network planning by providing extensive built-in real-time and historical preconfigured reports for performance and active monitoring, helping enable easy troubleshooting and historical trending.
• Provides visibility into key performance metrics of different Cisco Unified Communications elements, such as resource usage (CPU, memory, and so on) through real-time trend charts.
• Reports are easily customizable to meet customer needs.
Provides the ability to back up and restore the database.
Inventory migration from CiscoWorks Small Network Management Solution (SNMS)
Existing CiscoWorks SNMS customers can export their inventory and import it into Cisco netManager IP Infrastructure 1.1. This will help them maintain the inventory of devices in Cisco netManager IP Infrastructure 1.1.
Pricing and Availability
Cisco netManager 1.1 will begin shipping on September 8, 2008. Customers can order these new products through normal Cisco sales channels as of August 8, 2008.
To place an order, please visit the Cisco Ordering Homepage. For available software updates and patches, please visit the Cisco.com Software Center. Cisco netManager is available for purchase through regular Cisco sales and distribution channels worldwide.
Table 2 lists the ordering information for Cisco netManager 1.1.
Table 2. Cisco netManager 1.1 Ordering Information
Cisco netManager IP Infrastructure 1.1 for 50 devices and 50 Access Points
Cisco netManager IP Infrastructure 1.1 for 100 devices and 100 Access Points
Cisco netManager IP 1.1 Infrastructure upgrade from 50 devices to 100 devices
Cisco netManager IP Infrastructure 1.1 to Cisco netManager Unified Communications 1.1 upgrade for 100 phones, 50 devices and 50 Access Points
Cisco netManager IP Infrastructure 1.1 to Cisco netManager Unified Communications 1.1 upgrade for 250 phones, 50 devices and 50 Access Points
Cisco netManager IP Infrastructure 1.1 to Cisco netManager Unified Communications 1.1 upgrade for 500 phones, 100 devices and 100 Access Points
Cisco netManager Unified Communications 1.0 for up to 100 phones, 50 devices and 50 Access Points
Cisco netManager Unified Communications 1.1 for up to 250 phones, 50 devices and 50 Access Points
Cisco netManager Unified Communications 1.1 for up to 500 phones, 100 devices and 100 Access Points
Cisco netManager Unified Communications 1.1 license upgrade from 250 phones to 500 phones