Cisco® PACE Portal and Components consists of a bundle of tools and capabilities that enhance the value offered by Proactive Automation of Change Execution (PACE) solution products. This version provides benefits to users of CiscoWorks Network Compliance Manager (NCM) who have also deployed CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution (LMS) or CiscoWorks QoS Policy Manager (QPM).
Cisco PACE Portal and Components 2.0 provides two distinct features to users of PACE products: it introduces a portal for centralized visibility and fast access to information, and it bundles multiple tools and features that enhance the integration among PACE products.
Cisco PACE Portal allows for a more seamless and integrated environment to customers who have deployed CiscoWorks NCM and either CiscoWorks LMS or CiscoWorks QPM or both.
The portal provides unified and customizable views into these applications, allowing enterprises to focus on the most relevant and critical pieces of information. Further, the portal provides context-sensitive launch points into underlying PACE applications, allowing IT to respond rapidly to events and take appropriate next steps.
• A centralized dashboard for multiserver NCM deployment provides a single, enterprisewide view into network compliance and configuration management functions.
• The dashboard integrates critical information from NCM, LMS, and QPM, providing a unified view of compliance and change management features, network faults, and performance, as well as quality of service (QoS) metrics.
• The portal features a high level of flexibility, allowing users to customize it to meet the specific needs of their enterprise.
Cisco PACE Components includes a suite of value-added capabilities for CiscoWorks NCM users:
• Cisco PACE Syslog Analyzer offers highly scalable syslog collection and real-time monitoring of network alerts.
• Software adapter for NCM automatically notifies QPM when configuration changes are detected, thereby allowing QPM to validate QoS policy changes.
• End-of-sale/end-of-life reports help protect the network by helping to ensure that the most updated hardware and software versions are deployed.
• Software Connector synchronizes data collected by NCM with the Advanced Services Cisco Network Collector product. This synchronization helps NCM customers reuse the collected data to significantly speed up the discovery and data collection phase of services engagements.
Cisco PACE Portal and Components begin shipping on July 31, 2009. Customers can order these new products through normal Cisco sales channels as of July 30, 2009.
To place an order, visit the Cisco Ordering Homepage. Table 1 provides ordering information.
Table 1. Ordering Information
Cisco PACE Portal and Components 2.0
For NCM customers with a service contract, the product can be ordered at no charge using the Product Upgrade Tool. Go to: http://www.cisco.com/upgrade.
Cisco Advanced Services for the PACE solution minimizes the time it takes to implement the solution and helps ensure that your staff is ready to manage it. The services help you maximize your investment by planning, designing, installing, and providing training for the operations of your Cisco PACE solution. Cisco PACE services can help deploy Cisco PACE Portal and Components along with other PACE products. To learn more about Cisco services for the PACE solution, go to http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns340/ns394/ns107/ns661/net_brochure0900aecd804e003a.html.