Cisco Systems® announces the availability of the CiscoWorks Hosting Solution Engine (HSE) with updates to its management software. HSE is a turnkey network management appliance that proactively manages the availability of data center network infrastructure and Layer 4-7 network services through common authentication modules such as Terminal Access Controller Access Control System Plus (TACACS+) and Remote Dial-In User Service (RADIUS). Authorized users can monitor, activate, and configure Layer 4-7 services remotely, even through firewalls.
The CiscoWorks HSE provides:
• Support for the Cisco®Catalyst®Content Switching Module (CSM) blade and Cisco Content Services Switch 11500 - Supports Layer 4-7 service configuration, performance monitoring,and historical data reporting
• Support for the Cisco Secure Content Accelerator (SCA) 11000 and Cisco Content Engine (CE) - Includes performance monitoring and historical data reporting
• Update synchronization - Automatically updates back-up servers with configurations made to primary servers
• Permission-based access control - Provides granular, tiered user access to content switches based upon role permission
• Customizable views and reports - Users can customize web view and reports needs based on permission and role access
New features of the CiscoWorks HSE 1.7 software update include:
• Support for Cisco Catalyst 6000 Series Switch with SSL Module and Cisco Content Services Switch - Provides monitoring and reporting of SSL Proxy service such as detailed view of the SSL Proxy server list and SSL statistics
Customers interested in purchasing CiscoWorks Hosting Solution Engine can place orders through their normal sales channels. Customers interested in downloading the HSE 1.7 software update can go to the Cisco 1140 Hosting Solution Engine Software Center page at: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/hostsol.
HSE software contains encryption technologies controlled by the U.S. government and users wishing to download will be prompted to apply for permission to access the encrypted files on the Cisco.com Software Center Website. The HSE 1.7 software update will be available for download after November 19, 2002.
The following table contains part numbers used to order the current Hosting Solution Engine. This product includes strong encryption technology, which is restricted for some types of U.S. export.
Table 1. Ordering Information for CiscoWorks Hosting Solution Engine
CiscoWorks Hosting Solution Engine; includes 1140 hardware with software version 1.7
SAS service contract for the software component of the HSE Hosting 1.X; provides TAC support, CCO Software Center access and maintenance updates
8x5xNBD service contract for the hardware component of the HSE Hosting 1.X; provides TAC support, CCO access and hardware parts replacement
1. Additional hardware service programs are available. Please contact your Cisco Sales Representative for additional information.
Existing Products Affected
With the availability of the CiscoWorks Hosting Solution Engine 1.7, Cisco is announcing the end of sale (EoS) for the following products. Older versions will continue to have extended support contracts offered for them as indicated below.
Table 2. Product End-of-Sale Dates
CiscoWorks Hosting Solution Engine; includes 1105 hardware with software version 1.5 (Customers can go to Cisco.com Software Center for the HSE 1.7 update)
October 22, 2003
1. Support may require customers to move to a higher product version for resolution. Service programs associated with this part number are also affected by this end-of-sale date.