Today's enterprises must store and analyze massive amounts of unstructured data to uncover crucial insights that lead to competitive advantages. The accurate processing of these big data jobs is mission critical to the success of these services. Cisco® Tidal Enterprise Scheduler extends the value of Cisco's Unified Data Center solutions that support big data initiatives and deliver enterprise-class workload automation for end-to-end business processing that is cost effective, flexible, and scalable.
• Proven data center architecture featuring Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS®) C-Series Rack-Mount Servers powered by Intel® Xeon® processors
• High-bandwidth, low-latency Cisco Nexus® switching to meet the most demanding performance and scalability requirements at lower cost
• Cisco Tidal Enterprise Scheduler (TES), an enterprise-class, end-to-end workload automation solution that easily connects leading enterprise resource planning (ERP), database, warehouse, data integration, business intelligence, and business processes with big data workloads
• Infrastructure simplicity and a building-block approach to reduce total cost of ownership (TCO)
• Enhanced business resilience with greater operational continuity based on the modular Cisco NX-OS Software operating system
• Capability to use existing operational models and administrative domains for easy deployment
• Transparent integration of Hadoop data processing environments with Oracle e-Business Suite and Oracle database; Microsoft SQL Server; SAP, Business Warehouse, and BusinessObjects; Informatica, Cognos, and other industry-standard API integrations such as Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) and web services based on representational state transfer (REST); Java Database Connectivity (JDBC); and FTP and Secure FTP (SFTP)
Tested and Certified Building Blocks to Reduce Cost and Risk
• Cisco offers infrastructure building blocks that help organizations deploy Hadoop distributions quickly, while scaling configurations rapidly and predictably as demand dictates.
Powerful and Cost-Effective Cisco UCS C-Series Rack-Mount Servers
• A choice of Cisco UCS servers with Intel Xeon processors delivers a best-in-class, next-generation platform that can be deployed quickly and scaled to meet data processing needs.
A Choice of Cisco Nexus Switches
• A choice of popular Cisco Nexus switches can be selected based on workload needs and help ensure Hadoop infrastructure growth without arbitrary restrictions.
Business Process Integration with Cisco Tidal Enterprise Scheduler
• With an intuitive graphical user interface, Cisco Tidal Enterprise Scheduler makes the process of job scheduling easy for operations staff by supporting and managing:
– Script-free job scheduling through a comprehensive visual interface
– Scalable, extensible architecture
– Reduction of risks due to error
– Management of hundreds of thousands of tasks per day
– Detailed notification and alerts with minimum disruption
• Used as the standard in data centers all over the world, Cisco TES can be deployed quickly, contribute to overall data center efficiency and time savings, and ultimately increase IT's ability to focus resources on high-value, strategic initiatives. Cisco's workload automation solution simplifies the process of automating and optimizing the data center.