Cisco® Active Network Abstraction (ANA) is a flexible and powerful vendor-neutral device management system that doubles as an enabling platform for value-added network and service management applications in a multitechnology, multiservice network environment.
Through unique virtual network technology, Cisco ANA provides:
• Multivendor device management: Cisco ANA has a broad set of device management features, including device configuration and fault management.
• Vendor-neutral management platform: Designed for deployment in service provider networks, Cisco ANA is an enabling platform for value-added applications, integrating with applications such as Cisco Assurance Management Solution, IBM Tivoli Netcool, and Cramer6 OSS Suite.
• Standards-based access to near real-time device and network information: Through a near real-time virtual network model, Cisco ANA provides value-added applications from Cisco and its partners with open, standards-based mediation access to detailed multivendor device and network information through a single API set.
Key Features and Benefits
Cisco ANA offers the features listed in Table 1.
Table 1. Features and Benefits of Cisco Active Network Abstraction
Vendor-neutral device management
• Complete device inventory views covering both physical and logical inventory for supported devices
• Automatic discovery of device relationships (topology) using Cisco Discovery Protocol and Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
• Captures and forwards device-level alarms to OSS/BSS systems for monitoring at the network operations center (NOC) or data center
• Integration with Cisco Assurance Management Solution, Cisco Information Center and IBM Tivoli/Netcool
• Command Builder tool helps enable network operators to automate frequently used operational tasks, reduce errors, and improve network operations.
• Soft Properties tool helps enable network operators to customize device event and alarms to proactively monitor device health.
• Work Flow Client tool helps enable network operators to customize service activation flow and network operations management.
• Cisco ANA provides a generic view of multivendor devices and allows network operators to perform automated operational tasks using a GUI that reduces network operator training.
Platform for value-added network and service management applications
• Using its OSS-to-network mediation and distributed management platform features, Cisco ANA facilitates a series of optional, value-added management applications from both Cisco and its partners. These applications include Cisco Assurance Management Solution, IBM Tivoli Netcool, and Cramer6 OSS Suite.
Standards-based access to real-time device and network information
• Provides real-time mediation to device/network inventory and discovery data providing key added value to offline inventory applications
• Provides real-time, distributed alarm surveillance and enabling technology for domain-specific root-cause analysis within optional value-added fault management applications
• Provides a real-time, work-flow-enabled service activation and network configuration engine for value-added provisioning of applications and processes to push activation commands to network devices
• Standard northbound interface (XML) provides a single device mediation platform for all supported devices.
• Standard northbound interface reduces OSS/BSS integration complexity.
The Cisco Active Network Abstraction 3.6 software will begin shipping on June 12, 2007. Customers can order the Cisco Active Network Abstraction 3.6 software through normal Cisco sales channels as of June 5, 2007.
The Cisco Active Network Abstraction 3.6 software is targeted to the service provider marketplace. For more information on Cisco ANA and ordering details, please contact the product marketing group at email@example.com.
For More Information
For more information about the Cisco Active Network Abstraction software, visit http://www.cisco.com/go/ana, contact your local Cisco account representative, or send an e-mail to the product marketing group at firstname.lastname@example.org.