Cisco Prime™ for IP Next Generation Networks (NGN) simplifies the management of Carrier Ethernet, Unified Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), and packet optical transport networks. This comprehensive solution centralizes and automates service design, fulfillment, assurance, and performance analysis - to help service providers and enterprises lower their costs while meeting high customer expectations.
Features and Benefits
• Accelerated service deployment: Significantly reduce the time to deploy services through automated network configuration and point-and-click provisioning.
• Lower capital expenditures (CapEx): Maximize the value of the existing investment in network infrastructure through optimized use of network capacity.
• Reduce operating expenses (OpEx): Lower operational costs through a central point of access to facilitate efficient execution of the service lifecycle management tasks - including design, fulfillment, assurance, and analysis.
• Improved quality of service (QoS): Enhance customer experience and meet stringent service-level agreements (SLAs) through rapid fault isolation and repair of network issues.
• Increased operational efficiencies: Promote consistencies in delivery and management of services through seamless integration between domain managers and service lifecycle management applications.
A Comprehensive Network Management Solution for IP NGNs
• Automatic discovery and granular network visibility: Quickly and easily find and map network devices and services for an accurate inventory of the entire network - from the access layer all the way to the core, supporting both Cisco® and third-party devices. Cisco Prime for IP NGNs provides granular visibility of the entire network including device-specific attributes and alarms and circuit information.
• Intelligent service provisioning: Execute A-to-Z provisioning of services based on predefined policies and templates utilizing the point-and-click service-creation wizards. Cisco Prime for IP NGN automates and simplifies the deployment of complex services and technologies including:
– Carrier Ethernet: Ethernet over Multiprotocol Label Switching (EoMPLS), virtual private LAN service (VPLS), and Ethernet virtual connections (EVCs).
– Unified MPLS: End-to-end packet transport spanning the core, aggregation, and access domains designed for high resiliency and network scalability.
– Packet Optical Transport: Time Division Multiplex (TDM) and Dense Wave Division Multiplex (DWDM).
• Change and configuration management: Easily identify all network changes and automate their validation and restore configurations to the desired state.
• Automated service assurance: Effectively perform a consolidated, cross-domain event management and root-cause analysis to quickly detect, isolate, and troubleshoot the specific points of failure.
Key Components of Cisco Prime for IP NGN
• Cisco Prime Central: Provides centralized access to all components of Cisco Prime with a single view of integrated operator workflows, common inventory and event/alarm management, and standard interfaces for easy OSS integration.
• Cisco Prime Provisioning: Accelerates service deployments by providing automated resource management and rapid, profile-based provisioning capabilities. It provides a powerful work-flow-based diagnostic tool for service validation and troubleshooting.
• Cisco Prime Performance Manager: Gathers detailed performance statistics for Cisco and multivendor network devices, providing actionable information for the entire network, from access all the way to the core.
• Cisco Prime Optical: Provides best-in-class and highly scalable assurance and fulfillment capabilities for the optical network domain with GUI-based device configuration.
• Cisco Prime Network: Offers comprehensive service assurance and device management for the packet/IP domain with advanced capabilities including virtual connectivity discovery, root-cause identification, topology-driven troubleshooting, alarm reduction through topology-based correlation, and de-duplication.
Services and Support
About Cisco Prime
For More Information