The Cisco® Network Connectivity Center (NCC) Business Dashboard displays the results of powerful analysis in a flexible, Web-based user interface. Secure and customizable, the Business Dashboard combines data analysis, high-level graphics, and all Cisco NCC console display capabilities into one powerful user interface.
The Cisco NCC Business Dashboard combines state-of-the-art display with intelligent analysis to offer a powerful new approach to business service management. It presents the real-time state of business-critical services and relates it to the health of the underlying infrastructure and applications, providing essential actionable information for sustaining service. With the Cisco NCC Business Dashboard, users across the organization can view the type and level of information that corresponds to their business roles.
The Cisco NCC Business Dashboard turns Cisco NCC Network Connectivity Monitor (NCM) screens-notification logs and properties, maps, summary views, containment views, and status tables-into individual components. Users can combine these components to create their own customized displays, enhanced with choice of icons, colors, and backgrounds. These components can also be embedded into third-party portals or custom Web pages, creating a desktop layout with multiple interactive sources of content.
Users can design their Cisco NCC Business Dashboard screens (Figure 1) to deliver role-based views to every level of the business, across all layers of the IT environment. Examples include the following:
• Executive-level views show real-time status of revenue-generating services and business processes, providing a summary of system status for business managers.
• Real-time operational views give operations staff "at-a-glance" insight into the status of monitored elements and services.
• Topology views show problems in the context of the entire IT environment. Users receive a detailed view of the business service that shows the health and status of related infrastructure, applications, and business components.
Figure 1. Cisco NCC Business Dashboard
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
The Cisco NCC Business Dashboard offers these industry-leading features:
• Powerful analysis to feed the display with real-time, actionable information
• Access control with single sign-on
• Tight integration between modeling, analysis, and display
• Enhanced views, including status tables, summary views, maps, and map backgrounds.
As the presentation layer for the Cisco NCC suite, the Business Dashboard is populated by intelligent and highly accurate analysis. Its data-driven topology views show problems in the context of the entire infrastructure. Users can see business-service details to determine the health and status of components, as well as the impacts of root-cause problems that affect services. Patented technology builds correlation and intelligent analysis into the system-no rule-writing is required. Because Cisco NCC solutions determine root causes automatically and differentiate real problems from their symptoms, they eliminate data overload and the "sea of red" that can clutter the dashboard screen. Instead, the Cisco NCC Business Dashboard gives you just the information you need to act based on fact, to help ensure availability and performance of business-critical services. And this information updates dynamically as the environment changes, so the dashboard display is always accurate, and always in real time.
Cisco NCC also provides impact analysis across technology and business. Patented modeling technology enables Cisco NCC to map complex business processes across infrastructure and applications to the business level, including the relationships between business processes and any infrastructure, applications, or services that support them, as well as lateral relationships and impacts between related business processes. Cisco NCC Business Dashboard puts all this information at your fingertips, customized to meet your specific needs.
Access Control with Single Sign-On
Network security is critically important, especially when users are accessing information via the Web. The Cisco NCC Business Dashboard provides multilevel access control so administrators can assign role-based user privileges from read-only to total access. Single sign-on means that when a user logs into a portal or a custom Web page that contains a Cisco NCC component, a user name and password is not required-Cisco NCC passes authentication to the portal or Web page automatically. This capability allows administrators to assign role-based privileges across applications, and eliminates the need for users to manage multiple IDs and passwords.
Highly Integrated Analysis
Cisco NCC modeling, analysis, and presentation are tightly integrated and update automatically-so the Cisco NCC Business Dashboard always displays accurate, up-to-the-minute information (Figure 2). The Business Dashboard's unique context-sharing feature means that display components update automatically depending on your focus of interest. For example, if you click on an event line in a notification table, the associated map component changes to display that event. When you click on a pie-chart summary view, the notification log automatically displays the events graphed in that pie chart. Any component can serve as the source of information, and you can turn context sharing on and off as needed. The result is totally integrated, highly accurate information linked directly to real-time analysis results and displayed in a customized layout that meets your specific needs.
Figure 2. Cisco NCC Business Dashboard Status Table
The Cisco NCC Business Dashboard offers advanced display features including the following:
• Status tables-Status tables show the status for any managed group, such as business processes, customers, or services. For example, you might design a table that lists all of your customers and the status of the services they use. A severity icon on the table's left axis shows the highest-level status for each group, and provides visibility to more detailed information.
• Summary views-Pie charts, three-dimensional (3D) graphs, and bar graphs display the status of any group at any level. For example, a summary might show the number of alarms by severity on specific network devices, or your most important applications and their impact on your business, or the number of notifications or trouble tickets by customer.
• Maps-A variety of maps show the connectivity among network gear, applications, and services. Your business processes can be represented in a map to show the dependencies between business processes and the underlying applications or services that support them.
• Map backgrounds-Users can select a map background via pull-down menu, zoom the background map, and control layout for accurate placement of icons.
Solaris 2.8, 2.9, Windows 2000, and Windows 2003
Cisco NCC NCM
SERVICE AND SUPPORT
Cisco Systems® offers a wide range of services programs to accelerate customer success. These innovative services programs are delivered through a unique combination of people, processes, tools, and partners, resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction. Cisco services help you to protect your network investment, optimize network operations, and prepare the network for new applications to extend network intelligence and the power of your business. For more information about Cisco services, see Cisco Technical Support Services or Cisco Advanced Services.