Cisco® Access Registrar Jumpstart is a hardware appliance for RADIUS/Diameter authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) services. The solution combines the scalability, flexibility, and high performance of the Cisco Access Registrar software solution with the ease of deployment of an appliance format and the high performance of Cisco server hardware.
Service providers face tremendous challenges in deploying and managing mission-critical access services. These include supporting multiple access technologies including dial-up, DSL, wireless LAN (WLAN), public WLAN, Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA), General Packet Radio Service (GPRS), Universal Mobile Telecommunications Service (UMTS), (iDEN), femtocell, WiMAX and their corresponding authentication protocols; rapidly delivering new subscriber services for competitive advantage (for example, a new prepaid service); efficiently managing resources like IP addresses or session limits; reducing operating expenses; and keeping up with scalability demands. To address these issues operators need a comprehensive access management solution.
Cisco Access Registrar Jumpstart is designed to address these challenges by providing network operators a carrier class RADIUS/Diameter AAA solution that simplifies the deployment and management of access services. The Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS™) server provides a powerful, integrated system with superior scale and performance in a compact form factor. The Cisco UCS is preconfigured and the Cisco Access Registrar and VMware software is preinstalled, allowing for a quick deployment, low startup costs and rapid time to value for the AAA solution.
Cisco Access Registrar Jumpstart includes the following:
• Cisco Access Registrar: Scalable, flexible solution for AAA management. Cisco Access Registrar comes preinstalled and preconfigured on the Cisco UCS.
• Cisco UCS C200 M2: High-density, two-socket, one rack-unit (RU) rack-mount server built for production-level network infrastructure, web services, and mainstream data center, branch, and remote-office applications.
• VMware ESXi: VMware virtualization technology preinstalled on the Cisco UCS.
Features and Benefits
Cisco Access Registrar Jumpstart makes AAA management easier - saving time, money, and IT resources by simplifying installation and reducing startup costs.
• Fast and easy to implement: The preconfigured Cisco UCS and the preinstalled software allow for a fast and easy deployment as well as low startup costs. AAA services can be immediately turned on, configured, and integrated into the network service for fast time to value. All from one vendor, on one box - and the entire solution is supported by Cisco.
• Hardware superior scale and performance: The Cisco UCS C200 M2 server is designed to meet the needs of customers that choose to deploy rack-mount servers and provides a high-performance solution. The Cisco UCS series employs Cisco technology to help customers handle the most challenging workloads and includes powerful Intel processor technology. The one RU rack-mount server is designed to balance simplicity, performance, and density and to help ensure adequate scalability for today and tomorrow.
• Compact hardware: The appliance runs on compact hardware - saving equipment rack space and reducing power and cooling costs, helping enable organizations to lower their total cost of ownership (TCO) and build an environmentally friendly infrastructure.
• Grows with the business: The appliance ships with a base license for 100 transactions per second (TPS). Additional TPS licenses to support more than 20,000 total TPS with this single Cisco UCS server can be purchased. In addition, the Cisco UCS ships with Cisco Access Registrar software preinstalled as a virtual machine. These features provide network operators with the flexibility to easily expand and to support virtualized data centers.
Cisco Access Registrar Jumpstart Cisco UCS C200 M2 Server
Access Registrar Additional License options per server; supports 100 TPS
Access Registrar Additional License options per server; supports 200 TPS
Access Registrar Additional License options per server; supports 500 TPS
Access Registrar Additional License options per server; supports 1000 TPS
Access Registrar Additional License options per server; supports 2000 TPS
Access Registrar Additional License options per server; supports 3000 TPS
Access Registrar Additional License options per server; supports 5000 TPS
Service and Support
Using the Cisco lifecycle services approach, Cisco and its partners provide a broad portfolio of end-to-end services and support that can help increase your network's business value and return on investment. This approach defines the minimum set of activities needed, by technology and by network complexity, to help you successfully deploy and operate Cisco technologies and optimize their performance throughout the lifecycle of your network.