Version 6.0 Software for the Cisco® AVS 3120 Application Velocity System and the Cisco AVS 3180 Management Station became generally available on April 1, 2006.
The Cisco AVS 3120 is an enterprise data center appliance for improving Web application performance and providing application layer security. It is a complete enterprise application delivery solution for all Web-based enterprise applications.
Version 6.0 Software for the Cisco AVS 3120 dramatically improves the Web application security functions. It delivers the highest level of security available for Web applications. It can be deployed easily and rapidly by network security professionals, making it an ideal solution for immediate risk remediation for all enterprise applications. With unprecedented application layer visibility, the Cisco AVS 3120 provides real-time threat detection and analysis with no-risk network deployment options. Table 1 lists the features and benefits of the Cisco AVS 3120.
Table 1. Features and Benefits of Cisco AVS 3120
Attack Prevention and Input Validation
• Predefined applications layer attack rules
• Fully customizable regular expression- (regex-) based rules
• Quick creation of rules based on application knowledge
• Offers accurate security policy
• Prevents parameter tampering
• Reduces deployment costs
• Full decryption and normalization of all application traffic
• Thwarts encoded and disguised attack techniques
• Stops directory traversal of other encoded related attacks
• Cookies encrypted in real time
• Stops cookie snooping, cookie tampering, and other cookie-based attacks
• Masking of server headers
• Customizable error return codes
• Deters application reconnaissance
• Enforced URL and header size limits
• Stops buffer overflow attacks
Data Theft Protection
• Full protection from theft of confidential data such as credit card and social security numbers
• Customizable data structures
• Helps ensure compliance with the tough privacy requirements mandated by regulations, such as Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), Gramm-Leach-Bliley, and CA SB-1386
• Out-of band-deployment architecture that transmits no traffic into the network, introduces no points of attack for hackers, and adds no delay to traffic on the network
• Offers risk-free and low-cost deployment
• Provides insight into application layer attacks with minimal management requirements
The new software requires the Cisco AVS 3120 Application Velocity System appliance. Customers with the Cisco AVS 3110 appliance or the original FineGround Velocity appliance must upgrade hardware to the Cisco AVS 3120 if they wish to obtain the new software.
The Cisco AVS 3180 Management Station must also be upgraded to Version 6.0 software if customers wish to configure and manage the Cisco AVS 3120 appliances running Version 6.0 software.
Table 2 provides ordering information for the Version 6.0 software, Cisco AVS 3120 Application Velocity System, and the Cisco AVS 3180 Management Station.
Table 2. Ordering Information for Cisco AVS 3120 Application Velocity System and Cisco AVS 3180 Management Station
Cisco AVS 3120 Application Velocity System appliance with 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet port
Software for the Cisco AVS 3120, including the Cisco AVS 3120 Application Acceleration Module and Web-based GUI device manager
Software for the Cisco AVS 3120, including the Cisco AVS 3120 Application Acceleration Module, Cisco AVS 3120 Web Application Firewall Module, and Web-based GUI device manager
Cisco AVS 3180 Management Station for Cisco AVS 3110 and AVS 3120 appliances
Software for the Cisco AVS 3180 Management Station, including Web-based GUI management for multiple Cisco AVS 3110 and 3120 appliances and the Cisco AVS AppScope Monitor client
Software for the Cisco AVS 3180 Management Station, including Web-based GUI management for multiple Cisco AVS 3110 and AVS 3120 appliances and the Cisco AVS AppScope Monitor client