The Future of Cisco Software
Starts with Smart Software Licensing - Standardized Across Cisco.
Get a Clear View of Your Software Data
With the move to Smart Software Licensing, there will be one standard platform across all Cisco products. Software will automatically self-register upon installation and you won't need Product Activation Keys (PAKs). As a customer or partner, you will get real-time visibility into what's purchased and deployed. This will provide you with the knowledge to plan ahead based on your consumption needs.
This new solution will offer :
- Visibility through a central portal, so you'll be able to see what you've purchased and consumed
- Ability to manage license distribution and measure software usage, by dividing your company into logical license pools
- Licenses that aren't node-locked to the device
Smart Software Licensing won't be a traditional licensing system. Instead, this platform will compile information similar to a software usage inventory system. You'll get answers to two primary questions:
- What have I purchased?
- What am I using?
With useful and concise answers to those questions, you'll be able to make informed decisions about purchases in the future.
Benefits of Smart Licensing
By using Smart Licensing, you'll be able to:
- Leverage a standard licensing platform to support a range of consumption models. Reduce cycle time with activation and registration that are automatic, instead of manual
- Obtain visibility of software consumption (what's installed and licensed) across your network
- Eliminate the need for return materials authorization (RMA) or rehosting action
- Make changes within minutes, instead of days or weeks