Smarter Air Travel
Find out how location analytics gathered from Cisco Wi-Fi can help you. (2:42 min)View Video
Video Data Sheet
Learn how the Cisco Mobility Services Engine drives powerful advanced location services.View Video (4:02 min)
Mobile Experiences Webcast
Learn what Cisco customers and partners have to say about deploying Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences.Learn More
Wi-Fi provides the mobility and access to make internal processes more efficient. But now it also can be a tool to more effectively engage your customers, provide the right content at the right time, and generate revenue.
Using smartphones and the mobile Internet, your customers have embraced a connected lifestyle. Whether you are in retail, hospitality, transportation, healthcare, education, or government, Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences lets you tap into this lifestyle now. Provide your customers with highly personalized content and experiences that build loyalty and boost sales.
A Different Kind of Solution
Built upon Cisco Unified Access infrastructure, Connected Mobile Experiences is a platform for business innovation that includes:
- Cisco Mobile Services Engine and Cisco Wireless Access Points to capture contextual information; detect presence identity, dwell time, and indoor location; transparently connect to Wi-Fi; and deliver messages and analytics
- Open API and a Mobile App software developer's kit (SDK) for easily integrating with the Mobility Services Engine and providing contextual attributes for mobile applications
- A delivery platform for personalized mobile services based on the customer's profile and preferences, which is why 90 percent of recipients value the content and nearly 50 percent act upon it
The Power of Analytics
At the core of the solution, the Cisco Mobile Services Engine detects presence, locates and tracks all Wi-Fi signals—anonymously to ensure privacy—and then aggregates and enhances the data for location analytics and reporting. Based on this data, the engine delivers detailed analysis of customer onsite behaviors.
The analytics engine classifies and groups the data based on defined criteria to provide information such as dwell times, crowding index, and traffic paths. You can also set thresholds and configure policy-based alerts for use with CRM systems. The resulting intelligence helps you provide the most rewarding experience for you and your customers.
Get more from your wireless network with Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences.
The ability to capture new customers and keep existing customers by delivering more value is essential to continued growth in all customer-facing industries. Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences allows customers to connect through your onsite Wi-Fi and opens a direct channel of communication that lets you better understand and deliver what your customers want.
When you more effectively engage your customers, you can:
- Increase loyalty of existing customers, reduce cost of acquiring new customers, and extend the relationship with current customers
- Provide a more attractive relationship with new customers by providing them with a personalized experience not available through competitors
- Increase point-of-sale opportunities by providing key information at critical decision points in the purchase process
- Reduce potential for showrooming by co-opting perceived online pricing advantage while the customer is in your venue
- Increase customer satisfaction by helping them make a decision more aligned with their needs
By helping you better understand how your customers actually behave while onsite, Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences helps you maximize the use of your floor plan. With this improved insight, you can:
- Determine the most trafficked location to position or price products or services
- Adjust venue layout to optimize traffic flow in periods of high use
- Adjust venue layout to place goods or services along most used pathways
- Staff service locations to accommodate customer flows and time of day
- Evaluate impact of floor plan adjustments
For your customers and your business, the Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences solution delivers the right information at the right time.
This solution integrates new and existing Cisco technologies and services with hardware and software components supplied by third-party partners.
- HotSpot 2.0—This Cisco-developed standard enables mobile device users to automatically shift from 3G/4G connectivity to W-Fi connectivity based on roaming credentials administered by services providers
- Service Provider Infrastructure—Most of the world's leading service providers use Cisco carrier-grade switches, routers, and network components
- Qualcomm—Qualcomm has introduced a smartphone chipset with embedded Cisco Mobile Services Advertisement Protocol (MSAP)
- Cisco Aironet Access Points—Provide robust wireless performance and optimized performance
- Cisco Wireless Controllers—Support large and small wireless deployments
- Cisco Mobility Services Engine—Available as a physical or virtual appliance that delivers advanced spectrum capabilities, location services, advanced location services, and adaptive wireless IPS. The solution includes APIs and an SDK to support a growing ecosystem of third-party applications
- Cisco Identity Services Engine—Manages and enforces policy for wireless onboarding and access with saved profiles that determine the level of access suitable for guest networks
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure—Provides complete wired and wireless network management and reporting from a single pane that functions as the interface for the Cisco Mobility Services Engine
To help you deliver a compelling, personalized mobile solution, Cisco Services and Cisco partners offer services to plan, build, and manage your Connected Mobile Experience platform.
Cisco Connected Mobile Experience provides the wireless platform for business and network service innovation that can open up new revenue opportunities for enterprises and service providers. Cisco Services, together with Cisco partners, offers services to help plan, build, and manage your mobile wireless solution and get the most from your existing network.
For enterprises, Cisco Services helps extend bring-your-own-device (BYOD) initiatives beyond employees, to engage customers with a personalized mobile experience based on their location and preferences. For service providers, Cisco Services can help expand 4G, Long-Term Evolution (LTE), and Wi-Fi services with small cells to provide personalized mobility services.
Get Started with Connected Mobile Experience
To deliver an effective and optimized mobile experience, your deployment should consider the industry, business, customer, and your existing network infrastructure. Cisco Services, together with its partners, can help with professional services that support you across three important areas of your Cisco Connected Mobile Experience platform:
Plan Your Solution
During the planning phase, Cisco Services or a certified partner will assess your WLAN to:
- Evaluate your existing WLAN infrastructure
- Capture both technical and business input and requirements
Next, the team will use the Cisco WLAN Planning and Design Service, which includes location services and high-density wireless. Your services delivery team will use the assessment findings to help you plan and design your connected mobile experience solution, addressing important elements such as:
- Access point placement and mapping against venue size
- Location service functionality
- Security and compliance concerns
With the scope of your solution deployment well defined, your Cisco Services team can design a high-density, location-aware wireless network that:
- Addresses your primary needs
- Provides a clear path to future growth and expansion
Build Your Solution
The actual development and deployment of your Cisco Connected Mobile Experience solution can be performed by Cisco Services teams or a qualified professional services partner. Either delivery model:
- Is built on proven Cisco methodologies
- Includes advanced technology expertise
- Uses Cisco smart services technology and intellectual capital
Manage Your Solution
After your Cisco Connected Mobile Experience solution is in place, you can let Cisco or one of its partners manage day-to-day operations to help ensure:
- Peak performance
- Optimal return on investment
Talk to your Cisco representative or a certified partner service representative to tailor a solution for your needs.
The Power of Partnerships
Engaging Museum Visitors
Connected Mobile Experiences
Smarter Air Travel
Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences for Healthcare (PDF - 82 KB)
Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences for Hospitality (PDF - 77 KB)
Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences for Retail
Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences Industry Scenarios (PDF - 350 KB)
Cisco Location-Based Analytics (PDF - 300 KB)
Mobile Concierge (PDF - 68 KB)
Cisco Mobility Services Engine Product Overview
Monetizing Public Wi-Fi via Business-to-Consumer Relationships
Find details about hardware devices, software applications, and specialized components that relate to your networking solution.