Cisco UC Integration for Microsoft Lync is a Microsoft Windows desktop application that
provides access to Cisco Unified
Communications from Microsoft Lync. The solution extends the presence and instant messaging
capabilities of Microsoft Lync by providing access to a broad set
of Cisco Unified Communications capabilities; including software phone
standards-based video, unified messaging, conferencing, desktop phone
control and phone presence.
Key features of Cisco UC Integration for Microsoft Lync include:
- Make and receive video
calls using the Cisco Precision Video engine.
- Make and receive phone
calls through Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
- Drag and drop and right-click integration with the Microsoft Lync contact list.
- Instant Messaging and Presence integration with Microsoft Lync.
- Mute, hold, and transfer during calls.
- Software phone or desktop phone mode selection.
- Communications history of missed, placed, and received calls.
- Audio and visual notification of incoming calls.
- Ad hoc conferencing.
- Visual voicemail.
- Click to Call from the Microsoft Outlook and Excel Ribbon and Internet Explorer.