||Download the HUU ISO file:|
- Navigate to the following URL: http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/navigator.html.
- In the middle column, click Servers – Unified Computing.
- In the right-hand
column, click Cisco UCS C-Series Rack-Mount Standalone Server Software.
- Choose the name of your model of server in the right column.
- Click Unified Computing System (UCS) Server Firmware.
- Choose the release number.
- Click Download Now to download the
ucs-server platform-huu-version_number.iso file.
- Verify the information on the next page, and click Proceed With
- Continue through the subsequent screens to accept the license agreement
and browse to a location where you want to save the file.
||If you want to prepare the ISO for a local upgrade, complete this step; Otherwise, go to Step Step 3.|
- Burn the ISO image onto a writable disk (DVD, USB flash drive, or CD).
- Connect a VGA monitor and USB keyboard to the Cisco C-Series server.
- Insert the disk into the DVD drive of the Cisco C-Series server.
- Go to Step Step 4.
||Prepare the ISO for a remote upgrade using the KVM Console.|
- Use a browser to connect to the CIMC GUI software on the server
that you are upgrading.
- in the address field of
the browser, enter the CIMC IP address for that server, and then enter your username and password.
- Click Launch KVM Console on the toolbar to launch the KVM Console.
- In the KVM Console, click the Virtual Media.
- Click Add
Image and click the ucs-server-name-huu-version_number.iso file.
- In the Client View area, in the Mapped
column, check the check box for the ISO file that you added and then wait for mapping to
- After the ISO file appears as a mapped remote device, go to Step Step 4.
||Boot the server and press F6 when prompted to open the Boot Menu
||In the Boot Menu screen, choose the prepared ISO:|
- For a local upgrade, choose the physical CD/DVD device and
then press Enter.
- For a remote upgrade, choose Cisco vKVM-Mapped vDVD1.22, and
The server boots from the selected device.
||After the HUU boots, Cisco End User License Agreement (EULA) appears, read the EULA and click:|
- I Agree to agree with the license agreement and proceed with the update.
- I Disagree to cancel.
After you accept the EULA, when the Cisco Host Upgrade Utility window appears with a list of all the components that are available for update.
||If you want to update all the listed components, click Update all. |
||If you want update specific components from the list, choose the components that you want to update.|
||Click Update. |
- We recommend that you update the BIOS each time that you update the CIMC firmware. We also recommend that you update the CIMC each time that you update the BIOS firmware.
- If you update the CIMC firmware, after successfully completing the update, reboot the server to activate the new firmware.
This initiates the update and the status of the update is displayed in the Update Status column. You can also view a more detailed log of a series of activities and statuses that are involved while updating the firmware in the Execution Logs section.
||Reboot the server. |
||Rebbot the server, and click Verify Last Update to verify if the update was successfully completed. |
This action compares the previously updated firmware version for each component that was updated using the HUU with the current version of the firmware on the components and provides the status of the update.
||If you want to save the log files of the update status for later use, click Save Logs. |
Log files that contain a detailed status of the update are saved to an external USB device that is connected to the server physically or through the KVM vMedia.
If an error occurs while updating the firmware, you are prompted to save the error log. Click Save Logs to save the log to an externally connected USB. This log can be used for identifying the cause of the error and troubleshooting.
||Click Exit to exit from the HUU. |
- If you have updated the CIMC and not the BIOS, when you click Exit, CIMC gets activated and you lose connectivity to the CIMC and KVM.
- If you have selected LOM for update and you are on shared LOM mode, when you click Exit, you lose connectivity to the CIMC and KVM.