How do I register a Cisco TelePresence MCU, IP VCR, or IP GW with an Emblaze-Vcon MXM Gatekeeper?
The MXM has been set up to allow you to register units with the gatekeeper manually; however it will not do this until a registration attempt has been made.
To register a Cisco TelePresence MCU, IP VCR, or IP GW with an MXM gatekeeper, follow these steps:
- On the MXM gatekeeper delete all existing registrations for your MCU, IP VCR, or IP GW, if there are any.
- If you have attempted to set up the MXM gatekeeper previously:
- On the IP VCR, go to Settings > Gatekeeper and disable the gatekeeper usage.
- On the MCU and IP GW, go to Settings > H.323 and disable the gatekeeper usage.
- Set up the MCU, IP VCR, or IP GW for registration using the online help.
- For an MCU, set the Gatekeeper registration type to MCU (compatible).
- For an IP VCR or IP GW set the Gatekeeper registration type to Gateway.
- Set H.323 gatekeeper usage to Enabled and click Apply changes to submit your settings. (The MCU, IP VCR, or IP GW will attempt to register with the MXM and will be rejected.)
- On the administrator console of your MXM, expand the Login Requests field. You should see an entry containing the IP address of your MCU, IP VCR, or IP GW.
- Right-click on this entry and select Grant login permission.
- Go through the login permission process, noting the Gateway Service Hunting Group that the prefixes are added to and clicking Next in each window.
- At the final stage you should see a window containing a list of the two prefixes you set on the MCU, IP VCR, or IP GW. Tick the box next to each prefix and complete the process.
If that window doesn't appear, go to the MCU, IP VCR, or IP GW entry under the H.323 Gateways field in the MXM console. Right-click, select New Service and add the prefix for MCU, IP VCR, or IP GW registrations and for point-to-point calls, the same prefixes you set up on the IP VCR in step 3.
- Check that your MCU, IP VCR, or IP GW appears under the H.323 Gateways field in the MXM console. Expand the entry and you should see your service prefixes listed.
- Go back to the MCU, IP VCR, or IP GW and disable and re-enable the gatekeeper. This will force the unit to re-attempt registration. Both the MCU/IP VCR/IP GW and the MXM gatekeeper should show the MCU/IP VCR/IP GW as registered in the Current status section of the page.
- On the MXM, right-click on the MCU/IP VCR/IP GW entry and select Properties.
- Open the Dialing tab and select the Treat H.323 messages sent from this Gateway as if they were sent from its service check box.
Note: The MXM gatekeeper will not accept registrations of individual numbers from the IP VCR. To dial direct to recordings set a prefix for IP VCR registrations as described in step 3 above, e.g. 11. Give your recording a numeric ID, e.g. 222 but do not select Register with gatekeeper. To reach that recording directly dial 11222.
This article applies to the following products:
- Cisco TelePresence IP GW 3500 / MSE IPGW blade
- Cisco TelePresence IP VCR 2200 / MSE VCR blade
- Cisco TelePresence MCU 4200 / MSE 8420
- Cisco TelePresence MCU 4500
- Cisco TelePresence MSE 8510 blade
|April 18th, 2011||TAA_KB_53|