Why does my endpoint disconnect from the Cisco TelePresence MCU with H.225 error messages?
When the MCU fails to establish an initial TCP connection to an endpoint on port 1720, it disconnects the call with an H.225 error message. In that case, the user may see "H.225 TCP connection to IP Address, Port: 1720 failed (timeout)" or "H.225 Network Connection Error" message in the MCU's event log.
In such cases:
- Check whether you can ping the endpoint from the MCU's serial interface or from the Connectivity utility on the MCU's web interface (go to Network > Connectivity)
- Check the network to find out if any firewalls or routers are not passing the initial TCP connection to port 1720 which is necessary to initiate a call
- If problems continue, log a case with Cisco customer support including an H.323 log from the MCU
This article applies to the following products:
- Cisco TelePresence IP VCR 2200 / MSE VCR blade
- Cisco TelePresence MCU 4200 / MSE 8420
- Cisco TelePresence MCU 4500
- Cisco TelePresence MSE 8510 blade
|May 3rd, 2011||TAA_KB_299|