Why do my calls sometimes drop when using a Emblaze-Vcon MXM or Pathnavigator gatekeeper with a Cisco TelePresence MCU?
This article applies to the following products:
- Cisco TelePresence MCU 4200 Series
- Cisco TelePresence MCU 4500 Series
- Cisco TelePresence MCU 5300 Series
- Cisco TelePresence MCU MSE Series
The Polycom Pathnavigator and Emblaze-Vcon MXM gatekeepers stop ongoing calls if a registered unit changes its registration. That means that if the MCU creates an ad hoc conference and registers it with Pathnavigator, calls in other conferences will be dropped. Calls will also be dropped when scheduled conferences with registrations start. To prevent this:
- Go to Settings > H.323 and set Allow numeric ID registration for conference to Disabled.
- Set an MCU service prefix so that different conferences can be reached by dialing the prefix and the conference number.
Alternatively, use a Cisco gatekeeper such as the Cisco TelePresence VCS which does not drop calls in this way. You can also neighbor a Cisco VCS to Pathnavigator or the MXM and use both.
|April 11th, 2013||TAA_KB_146|