How do I neighbor my Cisco acquired Codian built-in gatekeeper to an Emblaze-Vcon MXM gatekeeper?
- On the Cisco acquired Codian unit with the built-in gatekeeper, go to Gatekeeper and configure the gatekeeper to be a neighbor of the MXM gatekeeper using the online help if required.
- On MXM, right-click on Zones and select new zone.
- Enter a prefix for the zone. (This prefix must not conflict with any other numbers on MXM. For example, if the Cisco acquired Codian built-in gatekeeper is registered with MXM with the number 1234, attempting to add the prefix 12 will fail. In order to add that prefix you need to unregister the Cisco TelePresence MCU (in the Settings > H.323 page), then delete its entry in MXM (go to H.323 MCUs, right-click on the MCU entry and select Delete).
MXM will only send queries to the Cisco acquired Codian gatekeeper for numbers beginning with this prefix.
- Enter the name and IP address of the Cisco acquired Codian gatekeeper and click Next.
- If you want MXM to include the zone prefix in its queries, tick Always use Zone prefix when searching for endpoints. For example, if the zone prefix is 12 and a registered user dials “1234”, MXM will send a query for “34” unless you tick this box, in which case it will query for “1234”.
- Accept all other default settings and click Next.
- Click Next on all the screens accepting the default settings, or configuring the zone according to MXM’s documentation.
- On the final screen (Advanced Properties), select Send LRQ without Endpoint Identifier element.
- Click Finish.
Calls can now be made to and from numbers registered either with MXM or the Cisco acquired Codian gatekeeper.
This article applies to the following products:
- Cisco TelePresence IP GW 3500 / MSE IPGW blade
- Cisco TelePresence IP VCR 2200 / MSE VCR blade
- Cisco TelePresence ISDN GW 3200 and 3241 / MSE 8310 and 8321 ISDN blades
- Cisco TelePresence MCU 4200 / MSE 8420
- Cisco TelePresence MCU 4500
- Cisco TelePresence MSE 8510 blade
- Cisco TelePresence Serial GW 3340 / MSE 8330
|May 10th, 2012||TAA_KB_107|