You cannot hear others
If you cannot hear the other participant(s), make sure your loudspeakers or headphones are connected. Then check all volume controls:
- Your headphones or loudspeakers may have their own volume buttons or switches.
- The Windows volume settings will override all other volume controls. Look for the loudspeaker icon in your system tray to open and/or unmute.
- Jabber Video has its own volume setting on the Using the pop-up toolbar.
If this does not solve the problem, it may be that audio is not being sent from the other end. Ask the other participant(s) to perform the microphone check described below.
Others cannot hear you
If the other call participant(s) cannot hear you, make sure your microphone is properly connected and not muted.
Low or distorted sound
If call participants are experiencing distorted sound, very low sound, or echos:
- Check whether any of you have enabled microphone boost, echo cancellation, gain control, noise reduction, digital effects or similar features for your audio devices.
- Turn all such audio device features off for Jabber Video to work optimally.
No video from your camera
If you cannot see any video in self view, make sure the camera is properly connected, and that no other applications are currently using the camera.
If all local devices are turned on and working and audio and/or video issues remain, the problem could be with the videoconferencing infrastructure setup.
Contact your administrator for support and further troubleshooting.