Simplify Wireless Network Management
Clustering technology makes it easy to set up, configure, and run your network.
Cisco AP500 Series Wireless Access Points: Features
Cisco AP500 Series Wireless Access Points offer a range of features:
- Clustering Technology: Simplifies wireless deployments by creating a single point of administration for multiple access points. Clustering technology replicates a configuration, pushes it out to other access points, and continuously manages the frequency channels for each device, reducing network interface.
- Superior Performance: Gigabit Ethernet LAN interface for higher throughput. Wireless radio complies with 802.11n wireless technology, using MIMO technology to enhance network coverage, capacity, and throughput for data and multimedia applications, while allowing for backward compatibility with a, b, and g clients.
- Robust Security: Supports business-class security encryptions (WPA2, 802.1x supplicant) and authentication for client compatibility, MAC address authentication, client isolation, and rogue access point detection.
- Voice Roaming: Allowing for client fast roaming while maintaining good voice quality with 802.11i pre-authenticated standards.
- Power Options: Uses both standard AC power and Power-over-Ethernet (PoE), simplifying installations in locations such as drop ceilings where power outlets may not be accessible.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty