IPv6 will replace IPv4, but the two are not interchangeable or compatible. This means that both protocols must coexist on your network until the IPv6 transition is complete across the Internet. You can make a smoother, more secure transition to IPv6 by taking a few steps to prepare your network.
- Check devices for IPv6 support
- Verify that software is IPv6 compatible
- Implement dual-stack on your network
- Confirm that your ISP is IPv6 enabled
- Check web servers for IPv6 support
Learn more about transitioning your network from IPv4 to IPv6.
Find out how to maintain your network security through the transition to IPv6.