Accelerate the transition from service provider to experience provider by evolving your network to a medianet.
A medianet is an intelligent network optimized for rich media that can help drive video strategy for
enterprises, consumers and service providers. Cisco is the only company that, along with our partners, can address rich media from an end-to-end
perspective by taking advantage of deep expertise in IP networking, video and consumer premise solutions.
Unprecedented Media Growth
Video traffic growth is undeniable. Based on the Cisco Visual Networking Index Study:
- Global IP traffic will reach 44 exabytes per month by 2012 -- more than six times the total traffic
- Nearly 90 percent of all consumer IP traffic in 2012 will be video
With robust broadband connectivity, the media consumption paradigms change. However, for service providers,
the media distribution paradigm has a major impact on their networks.
Addressing the Challenges
In today’s media services paradigm, different media, services and infrastructure silos exist. In tomorrow’s media services paradigm,
the medianet, a media-aware Cisco IP Next-Generation Network (NGN) will deliver all types of media with a single end-to-end architecture.
Companies implementing a medianet can:
- Eliminate service silos
- Deliver more interactive, social, and personal video experiences
- Reduce operating expenses
- Monetize the Connected Life