Linksys RVS4000: At a Glance
Linksys RVS4000, now part of the Cisco Small Business Routers product line, lets small businesses run advanced network applications at peak performance. Featuring strong security and robust Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity, the Linksys RVS4000 router keeps your workforce protected and connected, whether they're on the road or in the office.
The following is an at-a-glance overview of the Linksys RVS4000.
Linksys RVS4000: Features & Benefits
- Fast Gigabit networking supports advanced applications. The Linksys RVS4000 provides up to 10 times the speed of a typical connection on both wide-area network (WAN) and local-area network (LAN) ports. Your business can now run bandwidth-intensive applications such as video conferencing at top performance.
- Strong security. The Linksys RVS4000 features a Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) firewall that protects your network from unauthorized access. Integrated Intrusion Detection System (IDS) and Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) detect and block most worms, Trojan horses, and denial of service (DoS) attacks. Virtual LAN and RADIUS authentication support boost your network's security. An optional security service safeguards your network against spam, viruses, and other threats.
- Secure connections for remote and mobile users. The Linksys RVS4000 creates up to 10 IPSec VPN tunnels, enabling offsite workers to easily and securely access the office network through wired or wireless connections. QuickVPN simplifies connectivity for remote workers.
- Intuitive interface. A web browser interface makes configuring the Linksys RVS4000 easy.
- Quality of Service (QoS) delivers consistent voice and video quality across your network.
- Connect up to four computers directly to the router's built-in 4-port full-duplex 10/100/1000 Ethernet switch. Or use the ports to add hubs and switches.
Cisco Small Business Routers
As part of Cisco Small Business Routers, the Linksys RVS4000 is now known as the Cisco RVS4000 4-port Gigabit Security Router—VPN.