Linksys PAP2T: At a Glance
Linksys PAP2T, now part of Cisco Small Business Voice Gateways and ATAs, provides small businesses the best of both worlds. You can leverage the advantages of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services without having to upgrade your analog phones.
The following is a brief guide to the Linksys PAP2T.
Linksys PAP2T: Features & Benefits
- Reduced communications costs with high-quality phone service over a broadband Internet connection. VoIP services dramatically cut long distance and other phone costs. The Linksys PAP2T allows you to take full advantage of VoIP services without having to invest in IP phones.
- Separate lines for fax and voice. Linksys PAP2T provides two analog telephone ports that operate as separate lines with their own phone numbers. You'll receive clear telephone reception and a reliable fax connection, even as you're simultaneously surfing the Internet.
- Feature-rich phone service. Linksys PAP2T is compatible with all the advanced features small businesses need and expect from your phone service: Call waiting, caller ID, voicemail, call transfer, Do Not Disturb, Distinctive Ringing, Music on Hold, and more.
- Flexibility. With the Linksys PAP2T, you can easily select your preferred free local-dialing area code. And you can forward a virtual number from anywhere to your Internet phone.
- Security. The PAP2T offers up to 256-bit AES encryption for data transmissions and password-protected administrative options.
- Easy installation. Just connect the phone adapter to your network router or gateway.
Cisco Small Business Voice Gateways and ATAs
As part of Cisco Small Business Voice Gateways and ATAs, the Linksys PAP2T is now called the Cisco PAP2T Internet Phone Adapter with 2 VoIP Ports.