Cisco Collaboration Community
Visit the Collaboration Community to find answers and real-world advice
The Collaboration Episodes
This office has six new ways to communicate and collaborate.
Enable a Unified Workspace
Extend the work environment beyond your desktop.
Cisco Unified Communications solutions use the network as a platform for collaboration. This foundation offers choice in how software applications can be deployed - onsite, hosted or on-demand. Application deployment is based on business needs, and often results in the adoption of "hybrid" deployment models that draw on the speed, ubiquity, and flexibility of cloud computing, and the security, scalability, and reliability of the enterprise network.
At the application layer, Cisco promotes collaboration across different work spaces through a broad range of clients, applications, and devices, including:
- IP telephony: Cisco IP Telephony offers a suite of media control and IP phone solutions.
- Rich media conferencing: Webex and Cisco Unified MeetingPlace provide complete conferencing solutions.
- Voice and Unified Messaging: Cisco Voice and Unified Messaging solutions provide voice, email and fax message access from a single interface, and allow voice message access from a variety of devices and applications.
- Contact center: Cisco Unified Contact Center solutions integrate workflow applications and enable a virtual contact center.
- Unified communications clients: Cisco Unified Personal Communicator offers voice, video, instant messaging, conferencing, and presence on a single application.
- Mobile unified communications: Cisco Mobile Solutions for Unified Communications combine the convenience and flexibility of mobile communications with the benefits of Cisco Unified Communications.
- Environmentally sustainable workspaces: WebEx and Cisco TelePresence bring people together in a new way to reduce travel expenses and carbon footprint.