Learn about wireless router solutions from Cisco that offer more advanced, flexible, and secure technology than ever before.
Wireless Router Solutions: At a Glance
Wireless router solutions today are more advanced, flexible, and secure than ever before.
In the past, the primary job of a wireless router was to extend a hardwired Internet connection or company network securely to wireless-capable computers and handheld devices over radio waves.
In today's challenging business environment, however, many small businesses need more than a traditional wireless router. They need an appliance that is a wireless router but that also delivers integrated services at broadband speeds to small offices and remote workers.
From Wireless Router to Integrated Services Network Router
Integrated services network routers from Cisco go beyond the dedicated wireless router.
The Cisco 800 Series Integrated Services Routers are priced and designed specifically for small offices and remote workers. In addition to serving as a third-generation wireless router, the Cisco 800 Series provides such features as:
- Security that's built directly into the wireless router, including content filtering
- Wide-area-network (WAN) connection with multiple access options
- Primary and backup connections on the Cisco 880 wireless router, including 3G and ISDN networks, for business continuity
- Four 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet managed switch ports with optional PoE on two switch ports
- Up to 20 Virtual Private Network (VPN) tunnels, for secure remote access
- An integrated access point based on the IEEE 802.11n draft 2.0 wireless network standard that uses MIMO (Multi-Input, Multiple-output) to improve wireless router coverage.
For more information please visit: Cisco 800 Series Integrated Services Routers