Today, we need our workspace to move with us. From BYOD environments to shared workstations, we want flexibility and productivity on any device.
At the seminar, we learnt how Cisco solutions such as Virtualization Experience Infrastructure (VXI), Webex Social and Jabber can help IT teams improve service delivery, enable employees to quickly connect with the people and resources they need to get work done and give them the freedom to be productive from anywhere, on any device.
Data Centre and Cloud
Cisco's latest innovations in the Data Center address the challenges and demands that cloud services place on IT, the existing Data Center and network environments - and make Cisco 'the enabler' of Cloud and ITaaS. The seminars included a series of interactive sessions to learn about how technologies such as the Nexus 1000v and vPath are critical to delivering virtualised security and load balancing services, and how your Data Center network can evolve into an effective business enabler with our SDN strategy Cisco ONE. We heard about how Cisco's validated Application architectures were helping customers transform their businesses, and understand the latest developments in Unified Compute and why you should consider UCS when creating a Cloud/ITaaS environment.
The event included a series of interactive sessions to see the new innovations and services from Cisco and covered the major current themes that are of concern to Cisco customers and partners: BYOD, IPv6, and Security. In addition, we started with a high level description of the Cisco network behind the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, which illustrates how some of these themes influence network design.
Cisco's New Collaborative Experience
The event included a series of interactive sessions to see the new innovations and services from Cisco. We had a look at how you could transform your business with a Collaboration architecture from Cisco.
Cisco delivers a new approach in the 'Post-PC' era that:
- Provides a new collaborative workspace that is inherently more "mobile, social, visual, and virtual".
- Understands the individual nature of the employee's workspace, and provides the best possible experience as people change roles, locations and devices.
- Delivers the needed security and integration within the existing IT landscape while also adding value.
- Is built for the long term and capable of extending support to new devices, applications, and interaction styles as they emerge and evolve.
Cisco Virtualisation Experience Infrastructure (VXI)
The Technical Community Forum focused on Virtualization Experience Infrastructure (VXI). We took a closer look at how Cisco's Data Centre, Borderless Networks and Collaboration Architectures allow customers to move from traditional Virtual Desktops with separate Video, Voice and Data to a fully integrated experience on one infrastructure.
The TCF's topics covered the following:
- How each of Cisco architectures compliment VXI and discussion on the current and future roadmap for Data Centre, Borderless Networks and Collaboration Architectures
- The phased approach to allow customers to move to an integrated VXI Video & Voice and Virtual Desktop Experience
- Demonstrations of the VXI solution in action
- Architectural blueprints for VXI based on validated designs with industry leading partners such as EMC, Netapp, Citrix, VMWare, WYSE, Atlantis and Appsense.
Watch the webinar and access the presentations.
Cisco's new innovations in Video, Security and Management
During the webcast we learnt how Cisco solutions and services can further enhance your network's ability to meet the needs of the emerging borderless organisation, connecting anyone, anywhere, anytime and with their preferred device, securely, reliably and seamlessly.
These new innovations will enable your organisation to innovate and improve its IT efficiency by:
- Enhancing organisational agility, securing and enabling a wider variety of devices with new multimedia innovations.
- Increase workplace efficiencies with collaboration and productivity tools that let you take advantage of more business opportunities.
The Technical Community Forum's interactive sessions discussed these innovation announcements and a technical deep dive into the new solutions.
Watch the webinar and access the presentations
Delivering architectural flexibility in the Data Centre to support any workload, any application and any location, in a simple, scalable and secure manner.
Cisco pioneered the vision of Ethernet-based "Unified Fabric" within the Data Centre over three years ago. Subsequently Cisco introduced Unified Computing and Unified Network Services, all of which have formed the building blocks for Cisco's Data Centre Business Advantage framework.
At the TCF seminars we learnt how Cisco can help your organisation to break through traditional business compromises and engage with your customers in new ways by increasing IT agility whilst at the same time reducing cost.
Watch the webinar and access the presentations