BYOD Case Study: Brunel University
Brunel University used the Cisco BYOD Smart Solution to create a consistent, campuswide bring-your-own-device (BYOD) experience for students, staff, and guests.
Brunel University, in the United Kingdom, wanted to help ensure a consistent bring-your-own-device (BYOD) experience for students, staff, and visitors across its Uxbridge campus.
- Cisco BYOD Smart Solution with Cisco ISE 2600 overlaid on existing network
- Solution integrates with customer front-end portal, enforcing security policies on all user groups
- Helped ensure a consistent, campuswide wireless experience
- Expanded from 340 wireless access points to 1070
- Network in place within 12 weeks, two weeks quicker than scheduled
- Network performance improved from 120 Mbps to 1 Gbps
- Now supports 5 TB of wireless traffic per day (up from 140 Gb per day)
What the customer says
“The validated design of the Cisco ISE means the solution has already been stress tested, making it faster to implement. We were able to put it into place over the summer break.”
- Simon Furber, Network and Data Center Manager, Brunel University