Traditional email is not truly secure or confidential
The Cisco Registered Envelope Service solution provides enhanced security and reliable controls for traditional email tools. It is fully integrated into the most common email technologies and into a user’s daily email routine. The three pillars of the solution are confidentiality, transparent user authentication, and enhanced email controls.
Features and Capabilities
The three pillars of the solution are confidentiality, easy-to-use user authentication, and enhanced email controls.
- Confidentiality: Registered Envelope Service is based on robust technology that uses the most reliable email encryption algorithms available. The solution not only encrypts your data for confidentiality but also applies the latest authentication mechanisms to make access to encryption keys easy and secure.
- Easy-to-use user authentication: With the unique implementation of Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) used to authenticate and verify email recipient identities, Registered Envelope Service can provide strong authentication while making it easy to use. After registering with the SAML gateway, you can use your login to access encrypted emails as easily as other company resources.
- Enhanced email controls: New controls to terminate or recall emails, and know exactly when an email was opened, is now available on popular enterprise mail clients.
Following are specific features:
- Read receipt: When you open a message (you are successfully authenticated and recipient receives encryption key), Registered Envelope Service helps ensure that the information is read and delivers a read receipt to the sender in seconds.
- Guaranteed message recall: By selecting the recall option, the key to decrypt the data expires, making it impossible to access the message.
- Message expiration: Set an expiration date before sending a message, at which time that message is terminated. After the expiration date, the encryption key is deleted, making the information inaccessible.
- Control over forward/reply: Use advanced controls to determine an action to an email message after it’s received. Forward, Reply, and Reply All can be selected or disabled only if your company authorizes it.
- Desktop plug-in: Use advanced controls to determine an action to an email message after it’s received. Forward, Reply, and Reply All can be selected or disabled only if your company authorizes it.
- Business-class email mobile app: Use advanced controls to determine an action to an email message after it’s received. Forward, Reply, and Reply All can be selected or disabled only if your company authorizes it.
The solution is available in two formats:
Registered Envelope Service changes your email experience with more control, including read receipts, email recall, email expiration, and control over forward and reply capabilities, in your favorite email client. Registered Envelope Service removes the complexity of encryption and key management, so you can send and receive secure messages as easily as unencrypted emails. Cisco offers unique smartphone support to deliver the same experience to mobile users.
For More Information
Evaluate how Registered Envelope Service works for you with a Cisco sales representative, channel partner, or systems engineer today.
Protect Your Mobile Users
Cisco Business Email Solution provides superior mobile email security.Learn More
Secure Your Email with One Click
Get user-friendly email encryption directly through Microsoft Outlook.Find Out How