Date:23 Sept - 9 Oct
Attendance:In person or Webinar
The Cisco tech huddles are free quarterly educational events offering an opportunity for our experts to share the latest in technology innovation and architecture, and for our customers to stay ahead of the curve.
What's unique about these sessions is that they are put together by engineers for engineers, and cover highly technical topics in IT in a level of detail unlikely to be found elsewhere.
These events give our customers the opportunity to connect with our experts' any attendee can grab individual time with a Cisco subject matter expert to talk about what they've seen and, more importantly, how this relates to their organisation and the specifics of that particular work environment.
Join us at the next tech huddle to explore the latest developments in security.
With the acquisition of Sourcefire and ThreatGrid, Cisco is redefining it's security strategy, come and learn about how key Cisco technologies can help you in securing your environment and be with you throughout the entire attack continuum; before, during and after.
Here's the morning's agenda:
|09:30 - 10:00||
Coffee, Welcome to the tech huddle
|10.15 - 11.00||
Before: Providing Secure Access to your Data Centre and Remote Resources
Whether you need to support BYOD work practices, or provide more secure access to your data center resources, the Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) can help. When used with Cisco TrustSec provides an intelligent solution to secure network access based on the context of a user or a device. So network access is granted based on contextual data such as "who, what, where, when, and how," not just the user's identity.
|11.15 - 12.00||
During: It Started with a Click
Over 90% of targeted attacks start with Phishing. These increasingly sophisticated, and difficult to spot, scam emails lead unsuspecting users to Click on embedded links. Learn how easy it is for attackers to use this to silently launch their attacks.
|12.00 - 12.45||
After: Incident Response with AMP
Over the last few years it has become clear that detection-based anti-malware products are no longer capable of preventing even simple malware from penetrating an organisation's infrastructure. Not only are viruses getting through, but they are also remaining undetected for months or, in some cases, years. To deal with this new level of threat, security administrators need to have in place the proper tools to deal with malware that has evaded automated detection. As such, this session will focus on using Cisco AMP as:
|12.45 - 13.00||
Wrap up and final Q&A
|13.00 - 14.00||
Lunch and chat with Cisco Technical Engineers
|Topic||Policy Based DC/Hybrid Cloud||Collaboration||Enterprise Networks|
|City Office||18th Nov||10th Feb||16th June|
|Manchester Office||19th Nov||11th Feb||17th June|
|Reading Office||25th Nov||24th Feb||18th June|
|Dublin Office||18th Nov||11th Feb||16th June|
|Belfast Hotel||25th Nov||TBC'd||TBC'd|
|Glasgow Office||19th Nov||12th Feb||17th June|
|Aberdeen Hotel||2nd Dec||24th Feb||18th June|
|Webinar||26th Nov||25th Feb||22nd June|
Mobile Enterprise 2014
Download the slides or watch the webinar. Topics to cover include:
- How to provide remote data access from almost anywhere
- How to deliver relevant messaging directly to customers' mobile devices using Cisco's Wireless technology
- The ease of providing face-to-face remote communications between your customers and your business, thereby enhancing the experience for the customer
- The architectures around three new technologies from Cisco, building on our vast experience in Wireless, Firewall-traversal and Telepresence
- How to enable your employees to have the same access to corporate email, telephony and directories whilst "on-the-road" or working from home
Security Across Architectures
Download the slides. Topics to cover include:
- The integration of Cisco's virtual and physical security solutions providing dynamic secure services in the Data centre.
- How you could be effectively protecting your environment against rapidly changing range of attacks with Cisco Sourcefire' solutions.
- Cisco and Lancope coming together to provide a detailed insight into the latest threats and best practices for thwarting a wide array of threats.
Innovation in the Data Centre
Download the slides. Topics to cover include:
- Recent developments in Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switches and what they mean for you.
- An integrated framework for the network of the future: Cisco Open Network Environment (ONE).
- Our vision for the Next Generation Data Centre Fabric, and a sneak peak at what's around the corner.
- How to use Cloupia to increase IT agility and improve business, while reducing operational processes and costs.
Today, we need our workspace to move with us. From BYOD environments to shared workstations, we want flexibility and productivity on any device.
At the seminar, we learnt how Cisco solutions such as Virtualization Experience Infrastructure (VXI), Webex Social and Jabber can help IT teams improve service delivery, enable employees to quickly connect with the people and resources they need to get work done and give them the freedom to be productive from anywhere, on any device.
- London: 23rd September
- Dublin: 23rd September
- Glasgow: 24th September
- Manchester: 25th September
- Belfast: 25th September
- Reading: 30th September
- Webinar: 30th September
11:30 - 13:00
Who should attend?
Technologists who are interested in one or more of the topics and want to gain a greater technical insight into Cisco products.
This is not a sales-oriented event and the technical detail will high