Visit Cisco at COMEX, the most recognised ICT conference in the Gulf
Oman International Exhibition Centre - April 27 - 30, 2015
Our theme for this year's Cisco stand at COMEX is "TOMORROW Starts Here" where we hope to demonstrate how the Internet of Everything is changing everything.
Over the next ten years, the Internet will provide phenomenal opportunities for businesses and individuals throughout the Middle East region and Cisco will demonstrate how technology will, and is already, evolving to embrace new opportunities and innovation.
We are bringing together Cisco and our Partner experts to give you the opportunity to experience hands-on demonstrations to show how we are shaping the future of the Internet.
For further information on COMEX, please visit http://comex.om/2015/en/
To register for tickets to COMEX, please click here. Please note online registration closes on 23rd April. Registration after the 23rd April can be done on site at the exhibition.
General Manager Yemen, Oman & Afghanistan
Cisco Systems, Oman LLC
Sultanate of Oman
For information on the COMEX Conference, please visit http://comex.om/2015/en/conference/ for further information.
To register to the COMEX Conference, please click here. Online registration closes on 23rd April. Registration after 23rd April can be done at the conference although please note that there is limited availability so advance registration is recommended.
Cisco will be presenting within the COMEX Conference agenda. Details of speaker(s) and topics to be announced.
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Our dedication to the principles of simplicity, innovation, and customer success has made us one of the fastest-growing storage and data management providers today.
Customers around the world choose us for our "go beyond" approach and broad portfolio of solutions for business applications, storage for virtual servers, disk-to-disk backup, and more. Our solutions and virtualized storage technologies provide nonstop availability of critical business data and speed product development, so you can deploy new capabilities with confidence and get to revenue faster than ever before. You can rely on our industry-leading solutions to lower the cost of protecting your data, business, and reputation.
We bring together the industry's best partners and technology to deliver services that help you maximize what you get from your infrastructure.
Discover our passion for helping companies around the world at netapp.com.
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. We deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling our customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services. The Global Knowledge corporate headquarters are located in Cary, North Carolina, Canadian headquarters are in Toronto, and Europe and The Middle East - EMEA headquarters are in London.
Our core training is focused on Cisco, Microsoft, IBM, VMware, and more; however, we offer the biggest training portfolio in the world providing our customers the ultimate variety of training section. With over 20 years training experience, Global Knowledge has a wealth of knowledge and skills unsurpassed by other professional training companies. Our focus is on delivering the best customer support and advice in our industry, placing the customer at the heart of the business.
Data Center Leader – Turkey, KSA and Middle East
Scott joined Cisco in September 2010 as Regional Director for Emerging Markets, following a year long tenure managing joint sales opportunities between BMC Software and Cisco across Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Since moving to Cisco Scott has been focused on selling the Cisco Data Center Business Advantage proposition across all verticals in Europe and the Middle East, and is now managing a team of Data Center Product Sales Specialist, covering KSA, Middle East and Turkey.
Scott has over 14 years of experience in Information Technology. His technology and process driven sales background includes Data Center management, middleware and application technologies.
On April 28th, Scott Manson, will be presenting:
Vision for the Future: Cloud and Big Data Services in the Region. Synopsis is as follows: The Gulf is an innovative place to be with great natural and human resources. As Ministries, Organizations and companies strive to continue to build on the steep progress curve that is the reality of the past decade in this part of the world - and tap in to new markets, technology is at the very forefront of unlocking these opportunities.
Whether the goal is a safer and more secure city that can attract talent, or bringing new citizen services to market to increase productivity, or tapping in to overseas markets and new sectors for revenue; Cloud Services and Big Data projects can help expedite and facilitate these agendas.
In this presentation CISCO will tell us where they are seeing Big Data and Cloud acting as the vehicle for innovation and progress in the Gulf.
Karim El Jamali
Data Systems Engineer
27 April, 12:30pm – 1:30pm
Location: E Lab
Karim Joined Cisco in June 2014 as a Systems Engineer for Yemen, Oman and Afghanistan. Karim works closely with the Sales team to provide full pre-sales assistance in support of the successful achievement of sales targets while adhering to cost of sales objectives whilst illustrating the value of the company's solution to prospects in a compelling manner.
Karim is responsible for aligning Cisco's capabilities with client business requirements through a professional and ethical business approach.
Prior to joining Cisco, Karim worked for Juniper Networks where he was responsible for assisting the Sales Team to drive revenue by helping to qualify accounts, answer Business Requests, preparing and delivering solution based product presentations, and delivering proof of concepts which meet customer business requirements.
Karim has lots of expertise in the networking domain with special focus on DataCenter, SDN, Routing and Switching.
Senior Systems Engineer
28 April, 11:30am – 12:30pm
Location: E Lab
Hammad joined Cisco in 2006 as a Senior System Engineer and is responsible for the technical consultancy for the strategic Enterprise and Public Sector customers in Oman.
He believes in technical excellence and focusses heavily on customer satisfaction.
He is a CCIE and has a passion for Mobility and Collaboration technologies.
Collaboration Consulting Engineer
29 April, 11:00am – 12:00pm
Location: E Lab
Hashim is the lead for Collaboration solutions for Cisco in the Gulf, Levant and Pakistan. With 7 years of experience in this specific domain, Hashim is focused on changing the way you work by transforming your workspace when utilizing Cisco Collaboration tools in your organization. He focuses on body language, video communications and unified communications.
A Bachelor's of Engineering graduate, Hashim is very technically capable as well as business relevance focused.
Very motivated and driven, he always helps his customers put together ROI cases and solutions to acquire the best products available to change the way they work.
We will be showcasing our latest solutions and highlights including:
- Cisco Connected Transportation Solutions are transforming the industry by improving safety and security, Enhancing the passenger experience, Converging networks for greater mobility and improving operational efficiency and productivity. At COMEX, Cisco will showcase their end-to-end networking and mobility capabilities and the latest Connected Rail products including a wide range of Cisco Video Surveillance Cameras, IE3000 industrial Ethernet Switch and Ruggedized Wireless Access Points.
- In response to today’s advanced malicious and cyber attacks that are too complex and too sophisticated to be addressed by traditional technologies, Cisco’s before/during/after approach to security avoids the problems associated with fragmented security solutions, such as lack of visibility and inconsistent enforcement. At COMEX, Cisco will be showcasing multiple industry leading platforms that form the cornerstones of Cisco’s integrated approach to security: The Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Next Generation Firewall, SourceFire Next Generation Intrusion Prevention System, Advanced Malware Protection Technology and Cisco Cyber Threat Defense (CTD) Solution.
- Many Cloud providers and Data Center environments are embracing a new Flexible, Automated, Secure and Transformative (FAST) approach to their cloud infrastructures and services to quickly deliver and monetize cloud services, continually align with customers’ needs, automate core processes to reduce costs, and create new revenue opportunities. Moreover, new demands for uptime and serviceability coupled with the new technology make the design of the data center more challenging. At COMEX, Cisco will be showcasing the pioneering Unified Computing Systems (UCS), a key component of Cisco Unified Data Center that changes the economics of the data center by unifying compute, storage, networking, virtualization, and management into a single platform resulting in operational simplicity and business agility. Cisco offers UCS Common Platform Architecture (CPA) for Big Data, a comprehensive infrastructure and management solution to support Big Data initiatives.
- With the Internet of Everything (IoE) creating many new capabilities and richer experiences in Healthcare, Oil & Gas, and Transportation, network infrastructures must evolve. By building on the Cisco Borderless Networks architecture, the Cisco ONE Enterprise Networks Architecture goes beyond software-defined networking with a larger-scale approach to network programmability. At COMEX, Cisco will be showcasing three innovative platforms: the NEW Cisco Catalyst 6800 Switch, which is built for next-generation scale, services, simplicity, and programmability and the NEW Cisco 4451-X ISR Router that revolutionizes delivery of services to high-end branch offices to promote a high-quality application experience and the Unified Access Catalyst 3850 Switch that convergences the wired and wireless networks into one physical infrastructure.
- Working together, people can achieve extraordinary things. Cisco's vision is to improve collaboration with technology that empowers people to engage and innovate -- anywhere, on any device. With Video becoming pervasive, at COMEX, Cisco will be demonstrating the true Video collaboration experience across multiple endpoints ranging from Mobile devices, to high-end Telepresence/Video Conferencing stations, to desktop phones. The New Cisco DX-650 Desktop Collaboration Endpoint will be featured along with the New Intelligent Proximity Technology for Telepresence endpoints. In addition, Cisco will show how the Business Edition 6000 Communication Server amazingly provides collaboration in one single box providing integration of voice, video, mobility, messaging, conferencing, instant messaging and presence, and contact center features on one single platform.
Be sure to come along to the Cisco Stand (no 601) in the Business Pavilion where we have experts from both Cisco and our Partners covering all aspects of the above architectures.