Daimler Trucks Drives Innovation
Find out how Daimler Trucks powered up a digital transformation in its Portland factory.
Accelerate Growth and Profits and Improve Operations with Digital Manufacturing
Today's major shifts in equipment and machinery manufacturing, composed broadly of three sub-segments: aerospace and defense, industrial and field, and construction, and commercial and home equipment, are all driven by the need to streamline operations and develop services that differentiate the customer experience. That lack of integration and visibility leads to a broad range of issues, including inefficient operations and slow response times, both in the factory and in the market, poor quality control, high overhead, and compromised security.
The good news is that the Internet of Things (IoT) is boosting innovation and efficiency in businesses of all kinds, but is, and will continue to be, significant in the manufacturing world. The evolution of smart, or digital, manufacturing is also transforming various processes across the value chain, from R&D and engineering to supply chain to production operations and distribution. Digital disruption is happening now across the different manufacturing verticals from automotive to consumer packaged goods to materials and mining to life sciences.
Cisco brings a unified, secure, end-to-end digital manufacturing portfolio of solutions whose foundation is a network architecture that enables and enhances automation, collaboration, video, cloud-to-fog agility and business intelligence. Along with this robust solution portfolio, only Cisco provides a holistic digital approach for manufacturing, with an extensive industry partner ecosystem, such as Rockwell Automation, consistently delivering customer-validated business and economic value. Manufacturers experience significant business outcomes, including:
- Improved security, operational efficiency and productivity with Cisco Connected Factory
- Business improvements, such as overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), machine monitoring, machine and process optimization, and predictive maintenance with Cisco Connected Machines
- Protection against risks, improve efficiency, and reduce site downtime with Cisco Secure Ops
- Increased supply chain flexibility and agility with Cisco Connected Supply Chain
- Use leading-edge communications and collaboration tools
Read how manufacturers are turning technology into business outcomes. (PDF - 2.2 MB)Read Now
Build Smarter Manufacturing
Learn the value of Digital Transformation for manufacturers.Read Report
Learn from Early Adopters
Manufacturers are already making progress on their digital manufacturing journeys. (PDF - 2 MB)Read Now
- The Potential of Digitization: Illustration of the business outcomes that result from adopting digital business models. (PDF - 1.1 MB)
- Digital Transformation for Manufacturers: Boosting Agility, Visibility and Profits (PDF - 645 KB)
- Accelerated Production: See how Cisco helps a top appliance manufacturer speed time-to-market.
- Architecting a Robust Manufacturing Network for IOT: A white paper from GE and Cisco (PDF - 557 KB)
- Plant Floor Virtualization: A Point of View from Cisco and The Applied Group. (PDF - 623 KB)
- Attracting Next-Generation Workforce: Read more on how to solve chronic labor shortage issue. (PDF - 320 KB)
- Bridging the Divide Between IT and OT: Experience the benefits of convergence.
- Cisco Solutions for Heavy Equipment and Discreet Manufacturing At-a-Glance (PDF - 320 KB)