High-Density, Compact Form Factor
Cisco Nexus 6000 Series switches are designed to deliver high density 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GE) and 40 GE in an energy efficient, compact form factor. It offers a comprehensive integrated Layer 2 and Layer 3 feature set. That makes Cisco Nexus 6000 Series Switches ideal for space constrained, high density, and high performance deployments in traditional, virtualized, and cloud environments.
See how customers can benefit from Cisco Nexus 6000 Series Switches. (3:55 min)
Cisco Nexus 6004, along with the new Cisco Nexus 2248PQ, offers a solution to manage large pool of 10 GE servers. With the introduction of 40 GE technology on these platforms, we can build a robust fabric that can scale significantly to meet our data center growth in the coming years.Director of Network Services, Citrix Online.com
Features and Capabilities
The comprehensive Cisco NX-OS feature set and scalability of the Cisco Nexus 6000 Series deliver high performance, operational efficiency, and design flexibility using extensive programmability. They form part of the foundation for the Cisco Unified Fabric.
High Scalability and Performance
- Up to 384, 10 Gbps or 96, 40 Gbps line rate, Layer 2 and Layer 3 ports in four-rack units (RU)
- Up to 1536, 1 or 10 GE server ports with the Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders (FEX)
- Cisco FabricPath support for scalable Layer 2 networks
- Advanced analytics tool kit with buffer and latency monitoring
- Single point of management with FEX architecture
- Power on auto provisioning (PoAP)
Scaling the Unified Fabric
Cisco Nexus 6000 Switches offer exceptional 10GE and 40GE density in a compact form factor.
Density and Performance
See how Cisco Nexus 6000 Series can help your business.Enlarge Graphic
New Levels of Design Flexibility
Learn the benefits of the new high density, 40 GE Cisco Nexus 6004 Switch for Layers 2 and 3.Read Blog