A Programmable, Physical, and Virtual Infrastructure
The Evolved Programmable Network (EPN) is designed for web-speed agility with an open, elastic, and application centric network infrastructure. It could help you transform and expand your business, and accelerate time to revenue while reducing costs and complexities of deploying new services. The Cisco Evolved Programmable Network (EPN) works together via open APIs with the complementary Cisco Evolved Services Platform to help you realize these goals.
With the Evolved Programmable Network you can:
- Gain Web-Speed Agility
That's the result of combiningsoftware-defined networking (SDN), network functions virtualization (NFV), and open source software technologies.
- Improve Control over Your Network
Automate, orchestrate, simplify, and accelerate service delivery
- Integrate Resources
Bring together access, network, computing, and storage resources across an elastic fabric of multi-vendor physical and virtual elements
- Boost Flexibility
Support higher performing applications and better utilize your network and data center assets.
Cisco Open, Elastic, and Application-Centric Architecture
Transform Your Infrastructure
Gain network programmability, virtualization, and more with EPN architecture.
Our routers for the backbone of the network provide massive scalability, intelligence, and convergence.
- Industry-leading Cisco nPower X1 network processor units (NPUs)
- Hardware-enabled true zero-packet, zero-topology loss (ZPL/ZTL) In Service Software Upgrade (ISSU)
- Ability to scale beyond one petabit in a multi-chassis configuration
- Enhanced operations support
- Packet-optical integration
- Industry-leading performance and advanced services intelligence
- Ideal for service providers across all market segments
- Up to 400 Gbps per slot
- Outstanding efficiency, requiring less power and rack space
Cisco edge routers bring you carrier-class reliability, massive capacity and scalability, and nonstop video and mobile experiences.
- Offers nonstop video, enhanced scalability, and reduced carbon footprint
- Ideal for carriers offering residential, mobile and business services
- Scales up to 96 Tbps per system with comprehensive system redundancy
- Offers unique service- and application-level intelligence
Access and Aggregation Routing and Switching
Get application intelligence, unified services, nonstop communications, virtualization, integrated security, and simplified manageability.
- Provides high-performance, carrier-class access and pre-aggregation services
- Ideal for service providers that deliver carrier Ethernet or mobile backhaul services
- Offers fully redundant capabilities in a hardened small-form-factor chassis
- Protects investments with its modular and upgradable design
- Cloud-ready network interface device with software-defined networking (SDN) controller and XML interface
- "Touchless" interface with virtualization on remote host controller
- Maximum 10W power consumption for energy efficiency
- Operations, administration, and maintenance (OAM) features that meet MEF 2.0 standards
- Precise time distribution and nanosecond accuracy
- High-service-availability access switches
- Ideal for service providers that want to deliver advanced Ethernet residential services
- Help enable flexible, differentiated services with high security
- Manage and troubleshoot services remotely
- 1 rack-unit, fixed switch that converges wireless and wireline services
- Ideal for service providers that want to simplify operations and deploy "pay-as-you-grow" business model
- Delivers premium services with hierarchical quality of service
- Provides 10 Gbps transport speed for business and mobile applications
- Cost-effective, 1 rack-unit switch router that facilitates broadband, mobile, and Carrier Ethernet aggregation
- Ideal for broadband aggregation, and mobile backhaul applications
- Offers a small footprint, low power consumption, and a high service scale
- Provides a full-featured platform for remote central office and lower-density aggregation
- Scalable solution for flexible, cost-effective optical fiber access
- Ideal for providers offering services over active or passive optical networks
- Reliable OLT options and flexible ONT/ONU devices
- End-to-end validated solution with other Cisco products
- Seamless platform integration and interoperability
Build network transport with Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM) and Packet Optical Transport Systems.
- Touchless programmability, massive scale, and ultra-long-haul performance
- Seamless platform integration and interoperability
- Multilayer network intelligence
- A highly-scalable, agnostic fabric, supporting shelf and multi-chassis scale to more than 100 Tbps
- Full optical channel data unit (ODU-0) level switching, with ports supporting SONET/SDH, Ethernet, and channelized OTN
- Full IP, MPLS, MPLS-Transport Profile (TP), and Carrier Ethernet switching, supporting 10/40/100 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces with optional OTN encapsulation
- Carrier Ethernet and Edge Solutions
End-to-end Carrier Ethernet solutions offer industry-leading scale and performance.
- Convergence and Core Network Solutions
Use these intelligent core network solutions for massive bandwidth and converging IP and optical layers.
- Cisco Carrier-Grade IPv6 Solution
Helps you transition from IPv4.
- Optical Network Solutions
Optical transport solutions help to scale bandwidth, lower costs, increase service velocity, and facilitate network convergence.
- Management and Orchestration
Get help planning, managing, monitoring, provisioning, and analyzing network functions and performance.
ServicesMonetize New Solutions Faster
Move to a next-generation network with more capacity and embedded intelligence. We can help you migrate network services smoothly while controlling costs and mitigating risk.
- Confirm your solution meets requirements before you implement it (PDF - 449 KB). Deploy with expert assistance (PDF - 415 KB). Speed migration and cutover (PDF - 385 KB).
- Savvis accelerated migration to a Cisco Unified Computing System and reduced risk through partnership with Cisco Services.