An Essential Element of Higher Education
Vocational Institutions are an integral part of the education system. They offer numerous benefits to the communities they serve, including:
- Providing open and affordable access to postsecondary education
- Equipping the workforce with vital skill sets for any number of industries
- Allowing students to transfer to four-year institutions
- Helping high school students transition into college
With their open admission requirements, vocational institutions have the unique capacity to educate non-traditional students and improve their chances in the job market. Distance education is critical to the long-term strategy of these institutions; more than half of all students enrolled in online courses are taking them at a community college.
Cisco and vocational institutions have a long history of collaboration and partnership. Cisco Networking Academy is deployed in delivering ICT skills to students in more than 200+ educational institutions in India.
Read stories about the transformation of community colleges into 21st century learning environments using Cisco solutions.
- Enhancing Customer Service (PDF - 236 KB)
Western Technical College in Texas improves service and prepares for growth with Unified Communications.
- Building a Reliable Multi-College Network (PDF - 147 KB)
Mississippi Board of Community Colleges takes steps to safeguard its network community using a Cisco security solution.
- Kerala ITI
- Bihar Nursing College
Papers and Presentations
Relevant Solution Products
Streamline management and improve efficiency with these Cisco solutions.
- Unified Communications for Higher Education
- Cisco Digital Media System
- Cisco Connected Real Estate for Education
Safety and Security
Keep the campus safe and maintain the integrity of your network.
Next Generation Learning
Enhance learning, innovation, and collaboration in the campus community.
Cisco Networking Academy
Cisco Networking Academy educates the architects of the networked economy. Learn More.