Strengthen Security Across Hybrid Networks
Get consistent, enterprise-class security for private and public clouds with the Cisco ASA 1000V Cloud Firewall. The ASA 1000V employs mainstream, proven Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) technology, optimized for highly secure multi-tenant virtual and cloud infrastructure at the edge. This helps to enable consistency across physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructures.
Video Data Sheet
Discover the Cisco ASA 1000V Cloud Firewall.Read Data Sheets
Enforce Policy for Virtual Workloads
ASA 1000V delivers context-aware security to meet access, control, and compliance needs.
Comprehensive Security - Physical, Virtual, Cloud
The ASA 1000V complements the zone-based security capabilities of the Cisco Virtual Security Gateway (VSG) to extend Cisco's virtual and cloud security portfolio. It provides multi-tenant edge security, default gateway functionality, and protection against network-based attacks.
Solution Flexibility and Operational Efficiency
Integration with the Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch provides simple yet crucial solution enhancements for virtual and cloud infrastructure security:
- A single ASA 1000V instance can span across and help to secure multiple VMware ESX hosts for enhanced deployment flexibility and simplified management.
- Multiple hypervisor capable solution provides unmatched deployment flexibility which eliminates vendor lock-in.
The Cisco ASA 1000V Cloud Firewall also employs the Cisco Virtual Network Management Center for the following important benefits:
- Helps to enable rapid and scalable deployment through dynamic, template-driven policy management based on security profiles
- Enhances management flexibility through an XML API that helps enable programmatic integration with third-party management and orchestration tools
- Helps to ensure collaborative governance with role-relevant management interfaces for network, server, and security administrators
- Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switches
- Cisco Virtual Security Gateway for Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switches
- Cisco Virtual Network Management Center
Virtual Security Market Trends
Forrester analysts address the benefits of virtual security solutions.
Ask Questions, Get Answers
Visit Cisco Community Central, and join the conversation about Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switches.