Q: What is the Cisco "Think Inside the Box" Developer Contest?
A: This is a worldwide application developer contest that's being conducted by Cisco to promote the concept of the network as a platform, and to recognize outstanding implementation ideas for application development on the Cisco Integrated Services Router Application Extension Platform (AXP). This contest marks the first time that a major networking equipment vendor has reached out to application developers in such a manner to promote innovation on a mainstream router platform.
Q: How is the contest structured?
- Participants submit their ideas for developing innovative applications on the Cisco AXP platform. Participants must download the approved proposal template, and submit their proposals on this template. Deadline for submission is June 30, 2009. 3 Winners will be announced on August 5, 2009
- Winners will develop their proposals on the Cisco AXP platform. Details to be provided to winners after the result announcement on August 5, 2009.
Q: Do I need to be a Cisco customer to post an idea or participate?
No, you do not need to be a Cisco customer to post an idea or participate. The contest is open to all individuals above the age of 18, subject to Terms and Conditions
of the contest.
Q: I am a student and under 18 years of age but I show interest to enter the contest.
A: There will be a Cisco Developer Contest open for students. More details to be announced shortly.
Q: Do I need to purchase anything to enter the contest?
A: No purchase is necessary to enter or win the contest. Participants are responsible for any costs or expenses associated with preparing and submitting an entry.
Q: Can I participate as an individual? Or is a team mandatory?
A: Yes, you can participate either as an individual or as a team. No limitation to number of members within a team. One person has to be nominated as the team lead for communicating with the contest organizers and for administrative purposes.
Q: How do I download the proposal template?
Simply go to ��How can you participate?�� which given the option to download the proposal template
Q: Who can submit the proposal?
A: Teams will be identified by their team names and e-mail IDs. The team leader is expected to submit the proposal on behalf of the entire team.
Q: Can an individual or team submit more than one entry?
Yes, multiple entries may be submitted either as an individual or as part of a team. However an individual cannot be part of multiple teams. For more information, please refer to the Terms and Conditions
Q: How do I submit my proposal?
Q: What happens after I submit my proposal?
A: Your proposal will be evaluated by a panel of judges chosen by Cisco. 3 winners will be awarded among all the submission received. Winners will be notified by email provided by you during registration on August 5, 2009
Q: How will the proposals be evaluated?
All proposals will be judged on the following basis:
- Innovation (35%)
- Does the entry introduce a new, creative, innovative, unique and/or compelling new application or concept?
- Leveraging the AXP platform (35%)
- Does the application leverage the AXP platform effectively? Does it extend network capabilities?
- Feasibility (20%)
- How feasible is it to implement this proposal from both a business and a technical perspective?
- Project Plan and Documentation (10 %)
- Complete, accurate and detailed project plan, including without limitation, timelines, resource estimates, and any other components necessary to launch the proposed concept, such as a high level description of the application scope, relevance, functionality and components.
Multiple proposals with similar ideas will be differentiated based on the weighted judging criteria.
Q: Can team members be changed after registration?
A: No once a team has been registered, the team members cannot be inter-changed.
Q: How to contact us?