This certification validates the ability to install, operate and troubleshoot a small enterprise branch network, including basic network security.
Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) validates the ability to install, operate and troubleshoot a small enterprise branch network, including basic network security. With a CCENT, a network professional demonstrates the skills required for entry-level network support positions - the starting point for many successful careers in networking. The curriculum covers networking fundamentals, WAN technologies, basic security and wireless concepts, routing and switching fundamentals, and configuring simple networks. CCENT is the first step toward achieving CCNA, which covers medium-size enterprise branch networks with more complex connections.
Exams & Recommended Training
|Required Exam(s)||Recommended Training|
|100-105 ICND1||Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1)|
CCENT certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following exams before the certification expiration date:
- Pass the current ICND1 exam, or
- Pass any current Associate-level exam or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Professional-level or any 300-XXX Professional-level
- Pass any current 642-XXX Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams or MeetingPlace Specialist exams, Implementing Cisco TelePresence Installations (ITI) exams, Cisco Leading Virtual Classroom Instruction exams, or any 650 online exams), or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications
The Cisco Learning Network brings you the latest in social networking, certifications content, games, blogs, discussion forums and more!
Click here to be a part of the Cisco Learning Network.
Register to create your own personal account. You will have to create a new account as your current logins will not work. Accessing premium content and participating in the social networking activities requires a Cisco Learning Network registration. Those who already have a Cisco.com account are encouraged to use the same user ID and email address when registering on the Cisco Learning Network site.