CCNA Wireless Overview
Learn more about the benefits and requirements associated with achieving a CCNA Wireless certification. (3:27 min)
Cisco Certified Network Associate Wireless (CCNA Wireless) validates associate-level knowledge and skills to configure, implement and support of wireless LANs, specifically those networks using Cisco equipment. With a CCNA Wireless certification, network professionals can support a basic wireless network on a Cisco WLAN in a SMB to enterprise network. The CCNA Wireless curriculum includes information and practice activities to prepare them for configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting basic tasks of a Cisco WLAN in SMB and Enterprise networks.
Exams & Recommended Training
|Required Exam(s)||Recommended Training|
|640-722 IUWNE||Implementing Cisco Unified Wireless Networking Essentials (IUWNE)|
CCNA Wireless certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:
- Pass any current Associate-level exam except for ICND1 exam, or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Professional-level or any 300-XXX Professional-level exam, or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams or MeetingPlace Specialist exams, Implementing Cisco TelePresence Installations (ITI) exams, Cisco Leading Virtual Classroom Instruction exams, or any 650 online exams), or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications
When using a higher level of certification to extend other certifications, the expiration date of other certifications will extend to the expiration date of the higher certification (i.e.: If you have one year left on your CCNA Wireless certification and you earn a CCIE certification (which has a two-year certification life) then both your CCIE certification and your CCNA Wireless certification will expire two years from the date you achieved the CCIE certification).
The Cisco Learning Network brings you the latest in social networking, certifications content, games, blogs, discussion forums and more!
Click here to be a part of the Cisco Learning Network.
Register to create your own personal account. You will have to create a new account as your current logins will not work. Accessing premium content and participating in the social networking activities requires a Cisco Learning Network registration. Those who already have a Cisco.com account are encouraged to use the same user ID and email address when registering on the Cisco Learning Network site.