Unify and Embed Management for Unified Computing
Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) Manager provides unified, embedded management of all software and hardware components in the Cisco UCS. It controls multiple chassis and manages resources for thousands of virtual machines.
Improve Operational Efficiency
Through its unified, embedded, policy-based, and ecosystem-friendly approach, Cisco UCS Manager helps reduce management and administration expenses, which are among the largest items in most IT budgets.
Cisco UCS Manager supports data center automation, helping increase operational agility and scalability, while reducing risk. It provides policy-based management with service templates and service profiles.
Cisco UCS Manager facilitates operation of workloads on physical as well as virtualized Cisco UCS servers. It promotes server consolidation and offers the flexibility of running workloads on blade or rack-mount servers.
Improve Visibility and Control
Integration of the Cisco UCS Manager with industry-leading systems management solutions supports the use of existing IT staff, skills, tools, and processes. A comprehensive, open XML API that exposes 9000 points of integration facilitates custom development to achieve new levels of system visibility and control.
Features and Benefits
Cisco UCS Manager offers:
- A unified embedded management interface that integrates server, network, and storage access
- Policy and model-based management with service profiles that improves agility and reduces risk
- Autodiscovery to detect, inventory, manage, and provision system components that are added or changed
- A comprehensive open XML API, which facilitates integration with third-party systems management tools
- Role-based administration that builds on existing skills and supports collaboration across disciplines
For More Information
- To see UCS Manager in action, visit the Unified Computing System Advantage Video Library.
- For additional resources like the UCS Platform Emulator, visit the Cisco Developer Network for UCS Manager.
- Find out which partners have management solutions for Cisco UCS on Cisco UCS Management ecosystem.
- Accelerate deployment of Cisco UCS with help from Cisco Data Center Services.
- View industry awards and performance benchmark results for Cisco UCS.
- View demos of the UCS Platform emulator. (Login necessary)
- For in-depth detail about Cisco UCS and the Cisco UCS Manager, read Cisco UCS: A Complete Reference Guide to the Cisco Data Center Virtualization Server Architecture.
Total Economic Impact of the Cisco UCS (PDF -799.35 KB)
Learn more about the business advantage of Cisco UCS.
Understanding Cisco UCS Service Profiles
Read how the systemcontrols servers, storage, and networking within a unified framework.
Cisco UCS Management Ecosystem
See if your data center monitoring and automation tools are already integrated with the UCS Manager.
Unified Computing and Cisco UCS C-Series Rack-Mount Servers
Learn how to manage Cisco UCS C-Series Rack-Mount Servers separately or with Cisco UCS Manager.
Cisco UCS Manager and Service Profiles (6:31 min)
Watch this video data sheet for information about how the product works.