Enterprise Threat Protection and Performance
Cisco FirePOWER 8000 Series Appliances deliver industry-best threat protection as the high-performance platform for the Cisco FirePOWER next-generation intrusion prevention system (NGIPS) solution. Our enterprise-level network security appliances provide multi-layered threat protection at high inspection throughput rates with a low cost of ownership.
Addressing the Full Attack Continuum
Get actionable advice to improve protection against advanced attacks.Learn More
Features and Capabilities
Security You Can Count On
Optimized for network security processing, the Cisco FirePOWER 8000 Series provides the multi-layered threat protection organizations need to deal with today's evolving threat landscape at the speeds enterprises require.
With the Cisco FirePOWER NGIPS solution, the Cisco FirePOWER 8000 Series sets a new standard for advanced threat protection. It integrates real-time contextual awareness, full-stack visibility, and intelligent security automation for industry-leading security effectiveness.
The NGIPS threat protection solution is centrally managed through the Cisco FireSIGHT Management Center and can be further expanded with optional subscription licenses to add:
- Advanced malware protection
- Application visibility and control
- URL filtering
The result? Security you can count on combined with reliable performance and a low total cost of ownership.
Easily Change Interface Configurations
Instead of the usual fixed port configuration of most high-end security appliances, the modularity of the 8000 Series Appliances allows you to choose and change the number and type of network interfaces for the appliance. Various network modules (NetMods) are inserted into Cisco FirePOWER 8000 Series Appliances to customize the interface configuration to match your network requirements.
The Cisco FirePOWER NGIPS solution and Cisco FireSIGHT Management Center are available for VMware platforms. They provide the same control and protection as their physical Cisco FirePOWER 8000 Series counterparts. These virtual NGIPS appliances can enable you to inspect traffic between virtual machines and combine and manage up to 25 physical and virtual appliances with a single Management Center.
The Cisco FirePOWER 8000 Series Appliances provide purpose-built breakthrough acceleration technology with market-leading performance and greater space and energy efficiency. The series includes 11 different models that provide:
- High-throughput - Up to an industry-leading 60 Gbps of inspected throughput
- Modularity - Choose NetMods per throughput, port density, and media needs
- Expandability - Pay for network interfaces as you grow
- Scalability - Add additional processing power through appliance stacking
All Cisco FirePOWER 8000 Series Appliances include:
- LCD management interfaces
- Serial over Ethernet console access for remote configurations
- Solid state disk drives for increased reliability
- Redundant, hot-swappable power supplies
The Cisco FirePOWER NGIPS solution has been continuously recognized as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Network IPS. And the Cisco FirePOWER 8260 Appliance received top ranking in NSS Labs' 2012 Security Value Map for IPS security effectiveness and TCO.
Specifications at a Glance
- IPS throughput range: 2 Gbps through 60 Gbps (11 models)
- Modular interfaces: From 3 to 7 NetMod slots
- Maximum concurrent connections: From 3 million to 68 million
- Management interfaces: 10/100/1000 RJ45
- Typical latency: Less than 150 microseconds
- Memory (RAM): From 24 GB to 512 GB