Preliminary Case Study Questions
- What was the solution implemented by Cisco? (detailed hardware & software – please provide solution fact sheet / whitepaper)
- End to End Solution including Switching, Routing, IP Communications, Security
- Switching: CE500 PoE
- Router: Cisco 2851 ISR with FXO PSTN connectivity, ADSL WAN Connectivity
- IP Communications: Unified Communications Manager Express for 45 users. Phones were 7970G Color phones, 7931, 7940 and 7911
- Security: Client-to-site VPN connectivity set up for remote users
- What is the AT penetration of this solution?
- AT 75 %.
- Switching & Routing 25 %.
- Why did the customer choose Cisco over competitors? (Brand, value, TCO, support ...etc)
- What business challenge was the customer facing?
- New office building
- Remote connectivity
- How did the solution help customer overcome these challenges?
- Convergence of networks
- Unified the communications infrastructure
- Created a high-performance network
- Connected remote users to head office
- What are the overall business benefits of the implemented solution to the customer?
- Centralized management
- Reduced cabling costs
- Provided corporate communications access to remote users
- Streamlined intersite communication
- Is the project/solution implanted already?
- When what was the implantation duration?
- March 2007: 1 Week
- What can the customer now offer (to employees, customers, partners), thanks to the solution which he couldn't before? (Services, integration, collaboration ..etc) Seamless communication and centralized management of network and telephony infrastructure
- Who was the Cisco partners involved? (Silver, gold?) Latitude Systems: Premier
- How will the solution impact the customer's products/services extended to its employees, customers and partners? (productivity, cut costs..) Increased productivity, reduced costs
- What future plans does this customer have with this partner? IP communications at additional sites, wireless coverage, Network management, video conferencing